bypass oil filter

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
im looking to put a bypass oil filter on my truck instead of using the fs-2500 im going to use one from fleetgaurd the head p/n is 33041735 and uses the LF777 filter for u guys who want to try it. its cheeper than the fs-2500 $20 for the head im not really shure about the filter though my question is where is the oil pressure port on the oil cooler and where could i drain the oil
probably the oil pan thanks for any input

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I return my oil through the drain plug opening using an SHA Drain hose assembly from Oil Change Solutions. You can see it in the FS-2500 folder in the Moose Truck album.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I'm in the lucky ( well unlucky ) situation of having my engine on the stand at the moment so I'm welding a couple of aeroquip AN fittings onto the oil pan for return for a bypass filter and a breather filter.

Wouldn't be too easy to do on the vehicle though. Amsoil sells a self tapping return line fitting for bypass filters that I believe you give a good whack with a hammer to get the hole started then it's got wide self tapper threads with a sealing gasket. I've seen them in the catalog for years, never used one though.

--------Robert

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
do i tap into the plug above my oil filter on the oil cooler for the oil feed for the bypass and do u have some part numbers for your set up thanks for the tips greatly appreciated