Brand New CDR Valve From Ford, Pictures And Part #'s Here

Still Strokin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While building my truck, I have came across alot of BS on forums, un true information, and wrong information... I've read countless times that cdr valves are not available, and that "F250 and F350 rear leaf springs are the same its just the 2" and 4" block thats the difference" ... First off... They ARE different... The spring rate is different.... Whether you have a 4 leaf or 5 leaf pack,,, The part numbers are different... If you want a 1 ton, you have to change the rear leafs also.... Second of all , the valve is still available from ford, here is the picture and part #'s, so no one else has to go through the headache I went through LOL

You must be registered for see images attach

vn1500g3

Reaction score
For Grins and Giggles, how much was the CDR from Ford? Was it a special order part? Thank you for your time.

While building my truck, I have came across alot of BS on forums, un true information, and wrong information... I've read countless times that cdr valves are not available, and that "F250 and F350 rear leaf springs are the same its just the 2" and 4" block thats the difference" ... First off... They ARE different... The spring rate is different.... Whether you have a 4 leaf or 5 leaf pack,,, The part numbers are different... If you want a 1 ton, you have to change the rear leafs also.... Second of all , the valve is still available from ford, here is the picture and part #'s, so no one else has to go through the headache I went through LOL

Still Strokin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol I knew I forgot something .... Special order, 20% restocking fee, $83 with tax, had it in 2 days from Detroit

wh1056

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Become friends with the Ford parts guy!

I bought mine for my '91 N/A 7.3 in August. I have dealt with this same parts man for over 25 years and he gives me a break once in a while. ;Sweet

I bought all three pieces:
E8TZ-6A892-A RETAINER (rubber tube from valley pan to CDR)
E3TZ-6A892-A GASKET (CDR to intake seal)
E3TZ-6A665-A ADAPTER (CDR)

With sales tax, the total was $60.06 and I had the stuff by 11AM the next day.

Still Strokin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea I wondered too if they went bad, it doesn't look like much more than a 1 way pcv valve to me, but my turbo kit, and intercooler is brand new going on a spotless low mileage truck with thousands of unneeded dollars dumped into it so why shortcut now lol

wh1056

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a new one because my old one flowed the same in either direction..... but so does the new one.

I was going to hack my old one apart to see how it works, but it's still in great condition.
They might try to close if the air filter becomes badly blocked - which would regulate the crankcase air / oil vapor being drawn into the intake causing a "runaway".
Other than that, I think they're just along for the ride.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
These cdr valves do fail. Ford recommends they be changed at certain intervals to but I have forgotten what that is. The purpose of these valves is to shut off the suction from the crankcase. Our engines can run on the oil vapor from the crankcase easily. If the air flow is high enough the valve sucks closed and the vacuum created drawing the air out of the crankcase stops. It also stops the engine runaway issue if we start sucking the oil vapor bad enough. I'm not saying the oil vapor that is normally sucked thru these valves is enough to cause a runaway either. This cdr works when the air filter or the air going into the intake manifold gets blocked off. Then the engine will eat its own oil and vapor. If our engines start eating themselves only dumping the clutch in high gear will kill the engine. An auto trans is sol for stopping a runaway.

tbrumm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got a CDR ordered from Bob Utter Ford in Sherman, Tx. - $54.39 plus shipping. They seem to have better discounts on the parts than most other dealers do.

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got mine last yr.took about a week and cost $100 ish + shipping

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Bob Utter was known as the Ford parts online store for many years. I was buying lots from him back in 2006.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea I wondered too if they went bad, it doesn't look like much more than a 1 way pcv valve to me, but my turbo kit, and intercooler is brand new going on a spotless low mileage truck with thousands of unneeded dollars dumped into it so why shortcut now lol

:rotflmao

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grizzly Wrecker

Members online