BorgWarner S300 turbo

Status
Not open for further replies.

429idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a different pic than the PSN one. Look at the oil fill cap, different orientation. Different angle as well.

I know it's not the same picture, but it looks very similar. I just thought it was kind of funny.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
I can say for sure, that IS NOT A 6.0 TURBO WHISTLE!!!! I need to take a ride with mine and film it..... I thought something sounded funny, the whistle ramped up and down too quickly..... I almost said something when I heard it.... but I have not been feeling well and are back and forth from the computer..... Thought something was funny from the start....

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
I will see what I can do... The 03 6.0 has an addicting sound..... mine is louder with a complete stock exhaust (kitty and muffler) that some others I have heard with a modified exhaust...... I.E. 7.3PSD....

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will see what I can do... The 03 6.0 has an addicting sound..... mine is louder with a complete stock exhaust (kitty and muffler) that some others I have heard with a modified exhaust...... I.E. 7.3PSD....

I would agree. Any slightly modded 6.0 that I have ridden in sounded awesome! I could never complain about too much whistle... :rotflmao

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
Another lie. Did you not say you had your brother remove that turbo setup from your truck? How are you going to take a picture of a setup you have removed from your truck? LOL

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
Reaction score
so since we arnent hearing from the OP very much, i took his photo, enlarged it, increased resolution and look...what do you see....zoom in on it and let me know what you find....LOL

You must be registered for see images attach

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
so since we arnent hearing from the OP very much, i took his photo, enlarged it, increased resolution and look...what do you see....zoom in on it and let me know what you find....LOL

PHOTOSHOP!

thanks for the bigger pic DD. that thing screams photoshop. it is not even close to looking real.

great find.

:rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
Indeed so. Look at the way the sun is reflecting off the turbo vs. the rest of the entire photo. The sun is hitting the left side of EVERYTHING ELSE, but hitting the RIGHT side of the turbo?

I think the reason why we are not hearing from the OP very much is because we can pick apart his lies FASTER than he can create them.

Next his excuse for taking so long will be the truck was in an accident, or he was out saving orphans from a building fore or something.

Smokey, just come clean. Lying to us ain`t gonna get you ANYWHERES but flamed like the ricers with stickers and fart cannons on their wanna be race cars. See where I am going with this?

I am just sick of hearing BS from the "new" guys that come along and claim to make HUGE power, be able to run INSANE turbos, FAST spooling boost and whatnot. I am not picking on all members who come along, just the ones that try and pull the wool over our eyes like this. We know better, we have seen what an IDI can do and we know what it's limitations are....If you want a fast truck, buy a newer electronic injection engine, or an older Cummins or something else....IDI's are not fast they wern't esigned with performance in mind. They are, however, reliable, tough and efficient and easy to get parts for while being cheap to repair.

Sw1tchfoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ummmm ok here ya go

What exactly did you do? The original image posted by smokey is only 32.7KB and a measly 150x85 resolution. Which is way too small to be enlarged and retain any picture quality. The image you posted is 242KB and 1024x575 resoution and has crystal clear quality. It also contains the exif data, the one smokey posted doesn't. The only thing it's missing is the GPS coordinates for the location that the picture was taken. It still tells me that it was taken by a Droid 2 at 11:29:57 on 2011:09:27 and edited with Photoshop 7.0 3 hours, 11 minutes, and 21 seconds ago.

Am I just putting too much thought into this? :dunno

This is what happens when I try to enhance his original image: Which is what I would normally expect...

Last edited:

wmoguy

Reaction score
I can say for sure, that IS NOT A 6.0 TURBO WHISTLE!!!! I need to take a ride with mine and film it..... I thought something sounded funny, the whistle ramped up and down too quickly..... I almost said something when I heard it.... but I have not been feeling well and are back and forth from the computer..... Thought something was funny from the start....

yea there is a guy down the street that has an F250 CC shortbed/flatbed that spools like a mother, and is intoxicating how good it sounds. to someone who likes that sound it will get you a little twitterpatted. lol

lil smokey

Dunce
Reaction score
That is a real pic. What do you guys want more pics of? Down pipe? Turbo with air box off? Turbo in my hands? Just let me know what you wanna see. Sorry I haven't been on in a couple days just finished remodeling my house. Got pics of that to if ya need.

Status
Not open for further replies.