BorgWarner S300 turbo

Status
Not open for further replies.

lil smokey

Dunce
Reaction score
Hey guys just got a 89 f350 and I m more of a 6.0 powerstroke kind of guy. Wondering if any of you guys have thrown one on there? Its a BorgWarner S300 turbo thruster II. From bd performance. I know id need fuel and studs to match but has anyone put one on an idi? Thanks

429idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nobody that I know of has one on and running. The ones for the powerstroke have the round turbine inlet, so that would probably be a pain to get on. Not to mention the oil feed/drain system to deal with. I would use an s300 for a cummins application, they are more universal. Does your truck already have a turbo?

ocnorb

IDIT
Reaction score
I've looked at a few similar options. Not sure you can find room unless your willing to do a custom hood or something drastic with the firewall. I'd sure like to see it if you do get it on there.

lil smokey

Dunce
Reaction score
Just got the truck yesterday. I had a turbo layin around. Haven't thought much of where to mount it. I was thinkin on the back of the intake or off to the side. Il make all my own up pipes and whatever other work needs done

Reaction score
here is a picture of an idi with a Borg-Warner S362 mounted on the rear of intake:
You must be registered for see images attach

here is a Borg-Warner/Schwitzer/CAT S300 getting fabbed up on the side:

for more info on what these motors have, just ask. With the right equipment and know how you can make the turbo work. What are you using the truck for? daily drive? towing? and most importantly congrats on the new ride!

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
here is a picture of an idi with a Borg-Warner S362 mounted on the rear of intake:

for more info on what these motors have, just ask. With the right equipment and know how you can make the turbo work. What are you using the truck for? daily drive? towing? and most importantly congrats on the new ride!

Yep....thanks a LOT......Vicki just said "no" to me, and I got myself all calmed down....just to come on OB and see those pics and get all worked up AGAIN!!!

:rotflmao

That is a NICE looking setup!!!! Custom everything I take it? Intake, exhaust manifolds.....makes me wanna get rolling on my truck....JUST GOTTA GET TIME TO DO IT NOW!!!

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep....thanks a LOT......Vicki just said "no" to me, and I got myself all calmed down....just to come on OB and see those pics and get all worked up AGAIN!!!

:rotflmao

That is a NICE looking setup!!!! Custom everything I take it? Intake, exhaust manifolds.....makes me wanna get rolling on my truck....JUST GOTTA GET TIME TO DO IT NOW!!!

Yep its a nice setup there. I bet it will spool really well too... I can't wait to see it run.

429idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score

lil smokey

Dunce
Reaction score

The top pic is what I had in mind. But the bottom pic looks like standard ats setup but bigger turbo. Is it true that these motors can only 12lbs of boost before shittin the bed?

Reaction score
The top pic is what I had in mind. But the bottom pic looks like standard ats setup but bigger turbo. Is it true that these motors can only 12lbs of boost before shittin the bed?

The top one has a lot of custom work into it...these engines handle around 15 stock, head studs around 25, the hard part will be to throw enough fuel at it. Here is what's done to that top engine...and not too bad on the wallet either (since your used to working on 6.0s lol LOL)

" its an 86 6.9 IDI. It was torn down completely. I have Keith Black pistons that we milled down .080". I then had the pistons/pins/rods all cryo treated. Pistons have been ceramic coated on top and dry film/molied on sides/skirts/bottoms. Hastings Moly rings. Bottom end is fully balanced. Block was tanked, shot peened, maged. .030" over on the bore. .005" was taken off of the deck and the same taken off of the heads. Heads have a 3-angle valve grind with a 2* interference on the 3rd angle. Polished valves, stellite exhaust valves, comp 910 springs shimmed up to desired seat pressures. ARP studs on the main caps, heads, and intake. Delta reground cam which is not the "typ4" grind. More aggressive, and changes the exhaust side of the cam as well... completely different animal. Elgin lifters, comp magnum pushrods, 7.3 rockers. I built the entire turbo "kit" from scratch. It is a Borg-Warner S362 turbocharger, twin scroll, surge ring, ect.... Intake is a modified stock intake with the stupid "rise" taken out of it, and the pinch points in the front runners opened up. AIS Stage2 water/**** injection, 7.3 PSD intercooler with 3" piping. 4" downpipe and straight pipe exhaust. DPS stage 1 injectors and a DPS DB4 injection pump. Amsoil dual filter bypass system, Holley blue fuel pump...."

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
[QUOTE
for more info on what these motors have, just ask. With the right equipment and know how you can make the turbo work. What are you using the truck for? daily drive? towing? and most importantly congrats on the new ride![/QUOTE]

Any info on the intake manifold used on the top mounted turbo pics? Looks like aluminum, pretty nice, never seen one before was wondering about the manufacturer.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.