BorgWarner S300 turbo

Status
Not open for further replies.

lil smokey

Dunce
Reaction score
Well guys the whistle is unbearable for my 30min commute. I can tollerate about 5minutes before I get a headache. My brother is in proccess of taking it off for me. Here's one last video on the way over there. Turbo will be for sale. Il try to get some pics when I find time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wtca6fxpGo4

Last edited:

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
when i watched the first vid the whistle sounded like regular turbo whistle when at idle and right above idle. once the rpms got up it sounded more like a hissing rather than a whistle.

X2 on what was on there for exhaust.

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
Put Therese of your exhaust on and maybe a muffler. Tharp really cut down on the whistle

Yes!

Do as Chris said. don't jsut scrap your build just b/c you did not put the rest of the exhaust on. if you still want the whistle i am sure you will get plenty with a 4" system even with a muffler and it will then sound much better. you won't just have turbo whistle. you will get some growl as well. then the sound will be exiting behind you rather than right under your feet.

I think the upper rpm whistle would sound much better if it had some growl mixxed in with it.

Last edited:

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
for no exhaust you sure dont hear the engine at all, I know when I turboed mine I had no exhaust and it whistled like crazy but you could still hear the engine

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
An exhaust would help for sure. I would go a straight through muffler so you don't lose exhaust flow though. And it still would sound good like that too!

pennsylvaniabo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well guys the whistle is unbearable for my 30min commute. I can tollerate about 5minutes before I get a headache. My brother is in proccess of taking it off for me. Here's one last video on the way over there. Turbo will be for sale. Il try to get some pics when I find time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wtca6fxpGo4

I will gladly take that off your hands.....I will even be a nice guy and pay shipping:D

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
Yes. in its current configuration it is just annoying when the rpms are high. ******* the ears. like has been allready said, try it with an exhaust system before you scrap the thing.

Good work none the less though!;Sweet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance