Blue smoker. Seems like it’s tough to narrow down.

Wrenchmonkey316

Reaction score
Have seen oil going down exhaust guides do what you are describing. Is it using oil?

Do you have a video of it running for us to get a rough idea of what the timing is? At a dead cold start, if you rev it to 2k does it run smooth?
Ok thank you, I’ll do a video in the next day or two. The truck kinda rocks a little bit at idle and has what sounds to me like a deep engine noise at idle also, glug glug glug it’s very faint. As far as the 2k smoothness I’ll need to check that.

Wrenchmonkey316

Reaction score
Can’t seem to upload the video? Doesn’t appear on my album while in the site, only photos are available for attachments

Wrenchmonkey316

Reaction score
I did the 2k test on my sons truck at cold start for comparison. His was smoother but shot out some black moisture on the ground. Nice ********* spray paint spot on the ground. Is that normal?

Wrenchmonkey316

Reaction score
At 2000 RPMs going down the road best way I can describe it as it sounds kinda like a helicopter is flying over me while going down the road. My sons 7.3 is louder, clackier lifters or whatever but doesn’t have that at all. Also this morning when I got on the main road and stepped on it I dumped a huge blue cloud and made a car stop in the middle of the road. Cleared up pretty quick after that and now it’s not really dumping any big clouds.

Wrenchmonkey316

Reaction score
Have seen oil going down exhaust guides do what you are describing. Is it using oil?

Do you have a video of it running for us to get a rough idea of what the timing is? At a dead cold start, if you rev it to 2k does it run smooth?
So it’s definitely using oil. I’m going to need to add quite frequently. Do you think it’s safe to drive daily if I keep oil in it? Do you have any suggestions? I’m currently not in a good position to tear down my engine so I’m a little concerned.

tbowker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So it’s definitely using oil. I’m going to need to add quite frequently. Do you think it’s safe to drive daily if I keep oil in it? Do you have any suggestions? I’m currently not in a good position to tear down my engine so I’m a little concerned.
Move out of California and you'll have plenty of money left to do what you want. ;Poke

Wrenchmonkey316

Reaction score
I have a Jasper reman'd engine in mine. It was pricey, but it does come with a two year unlimited mile warranty. I figure to keep this truck until I'm planted.
Yeah I plan on keeping mine. I have owned lots of different trucks from dealership new to old projects. Nothing I like more than the old fords myself. It’s nice when you know what’s been done and what’s coming up for replacement too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online