100_0551_resize.JPG
    209.6 KB · Views: 45
  • 100_0555_resize.JPG
    100_0555_resize.JPG
    262.6 KB · Views: 73

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Ok let me see if I get this right.

It looks like your running lines to and out of a old fuel/water seperator? Which has a fitting on the bottom and a line that goes back to deliver the oil back to the engine, and the rest of the vapors exit normally?

Looks good, does it work?

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
here are some more
ive got steel wool in there also to catch the oil in the vapor

Attachments

• 100_0541_resize.JPG
    100_0541_resize.JPG
    259.5 KB · Views: 27
  • 100_0540_resize.JPG
    100_0540_resize.JPG
    276.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 100_0543_resize.JPG
    100_0543_resize.JPG
    186.3 KB · Views: 25
  • 100_0547_resize.JPG
    100_0547_resize.JPG
    219.7 KB · Views: 30
  • Picture 039_resize.jpg
    Picture 039_resize.jpg
    261.9 KB · Views: 20
  • Picture 041_resize.jpg
    Picture 041_resize.jpg
    244 KB · Views: 22

91f2504x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here are some more

Do you have a valve on the return to the fuel pump hole, or is it trying to return the oil all the time? It seems like you would need a valve to block that off until the truck wasn't running You could just check it every now and then and just open the valve to drain the oil back into the crankcase when needed. Or you could put a check valve that only allows oil to flow back into the engine from the golden rod filter, while the engine was running the vacuum being pulled through the filter would hold the check valve closed and then when you shut it off all the oil vapors that had been caught in there would be allowed to flow back into the crankcase. Or maybe you don't need one at all, it just seems like you would for it to operate correctly.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
here are some more

I have an old Racor fuel/water seperator....and I think I might just follow in your footsteps ;Sweet. Take the filter out and put some steel wool in there, seems like a fairly easy concept ;Sweet. I will have to figure out a way to keep things from trying to get through the tubes and back into the intake (like some steel wool), dont want that going through my turbo LOL

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
What size lines are in/out?
I think You'll find that anything under 1-1/4 will cause a restriction in the crank case vapors. Then it'll build pressure in the case, and start leaking thru the seals.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think that will work OK without the check valve. Even though there may be crankcase presure at the drain, as long as the valve cover exit (good luck with that by the way) offers less restriction which it should due to the larger diameter, the gases will prefer to go out that way. I don't think I've ever seen anybody make quite the extensive use of the radiator lifting ears as he has! ;Sweet

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
Ok let me see if I get this right.

It looks like your running lines to and out of a old fuel/water seperator? Which has a fitting on the bottom and a line that goes back to deliver the oil back to the engine, and the rest of the vapors exit normally?

Looks good, does it work?

you should get some sort of tube in there also
to spit the vapors at the bottom and let the steel wool collect it and drip down

im running 1'' hose and it seems to be running fine

running things on the raidator tabs best place i could think of to where in draining the oil it only made sence

Attachments

• Picture 041_resize.jpg
    Picture 041_resize.jpg
    244 KB · Views: 26

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The one I built out of aluminum tubing has a baffle in it lays on its side and i was going to try the theory of oil condensing as it cools the vapors to drain it back to the valve cover thru the cdr,
I suppose eliminating the cdr makes for higher flow? The bigger hose should keep "positive" pressure on the small drain and keep the oil pushed out.
Great Idea, those filter housings suck for filtering, bowl cracks when removing sometimes, I have one around here somewhere, might try it, except I still have a transfer pump.

forcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anybody put a crankcase evac system like they use on drag race cars?? I had one on my mustang and it worked like a charm on oil leaks. I know these diesels have alot more blowby but if you were not worried about keeping the oil and the exhaust made enough vacume to draw out any positive pressure in the crankcase that would be great. But would there be any problem with having a negative pressure in your crankcase if the vacume off of the exhaust was too much??

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
those filter housings suck for filtering, bowl cracks when removing sometimes, I have one around here somewhere, might try it, except I still have a transfer pump.

i agree they are worthless as filters but as blow by cans they work great

forcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know they are smaller but your not relying on just the crankcase to push out by itself ,you are going to draw a vacume. Or are you saying the blowby would be higher flow than the vacume you would draw off of the exhaust? Just a thought anyway, Thats why we ask before going through with some projects.