blowby catch can with drain pics

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anybody put a crankcase evac system like they use on drag race cars?? I had one on my mustang and it worked like a charm on oil leaks. I know these diesels have alot more blowby but if you were not worried about keeping the oil and the exhaust made enough vacume to draw out any positive pressure in the crankcase that would be great. But would there be any problem with having a negative pressure in your crankcase if the vacume off of the exhaust was too much??

Take a look at these threads:

http://oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?t=8888

http://oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?t=20605

I've got the Jegs kit welded into my exhaust pipe; I just need to get the RDT hooked up to it. I'd like to do an oil separator just to keep the oil out of my exhaust, but haven't decided exactly how to do it yet. I'm quite intrigued by this idea...although I don't think I could do the drain-back, because whatever oil collection method I use will probably have to be located on the frame behind the engine somewhere.

BTW, what sort of hose are you using, and where'd you get it from?

Also, on a similar note, is there a type of plastic pipe that's oil-resistant, or would I need to use metal pipe if I wanted to hard-pipe some of my RDT?

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I like the design. I've made catch can setups before, that will work nicely. You will need a one way valve on that oil return though or the pressure from the lower crankcase will push oil up through the tube ( can you say runaway :eek:
You can get the check valve for a racor ccv4500 or you could go to an Isuzu truck dealer and get one of their one way valves off their breather setups from an NPR, it's plastic instead of metal like the Racor valve, but it's cheap.

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
Ford gasser AIR systems have a nice check valve on them. Prolly get one really cheap from a salvage yard.

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
I like the design. I've made catch can setups before, that will work nicely. You will need a one way valve on that oil return though or the pressure from the lower crankcase will push oil up through the tube ( can you say runaway :eek:
it wont run away im helping to enviroment LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seven4eight

Members online