Blew up my truck.... Time for a Cummins I think

dukedrummer89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its either i have the shakes really bad, or my camera sucks... and considering my camera flew off the hood of my truck and smacked the pavement once, im betting its the cameraLOL

i will get some better pics and vids up here pretty soon, ive had the flu for a couple days now, it sucks

and it took just over a month for the swap start to finish. Most of the time was spent waiting on parts:rotflmao

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Nice Job, It looks and sounds great. Congrats. You really did it pretty quack (on edit: I mean "quIck") also, don't you have a job,..? LOL

Last edited:

ameristar1

The One Blue Thing
Reaction score
Hey, don't crack on him too bad. At least if you're in Illinois and you need a swap done quick, Duke's the man.;Sweet

So what are you gonna do next big guy?

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
Duke, do you have the injector harness for the bullet style glow plugs? If you wanna sell it, PM me.

SWS

dukedrummer89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Duke, do you have the injector harness for the bullet style glow plugs? If you wanna sell it, PM me.

SWS

I literally sold it a week ago, along withthe pump an injectors..... it was in perfect shape too (not to rub it in:D)

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well good luck with it, guess t's better then a 6.2/6.5 or durajunk conversion!!! :puke:LOL

-Jon

There's nothing wrong with a 6.2. I have one that's lasted since 82 with nothing more than GPs in a 4wd Suburban, and my brother had an 82 PU with one in that he beat the snot out of on the farm hauling and towing with. His got a replacement IP and GPs, but other than a starter and alternator that's it.

dukedrummer89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just a cool cold start picture... its running great, no probs;Sweet

You must be registered for see images attach

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
i watched another one of your videos and that thing dont crank very good when its cold:confused:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can kill a runaway diesel by holding the holy hell out of the brakes and pop the clutch in third or fourth

Kill may be the operative word there. "pop" ing the clutch is certainly going to "kill" something. At 3500+ RPM with a runaway, I don't think trying to stop it that suddenly is a real good idea.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac

Members online