Biggest load with IDI

bird hunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what's the biggest load any of you have ever hauled or towed with your IDI Ford? How was the truck set up, and how'd she handle it? :dunno
I've only hauled a hay rake and a bed full of wood, not too much yet but I'm curious to really test her someday. ;Really

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The largest load i've hauled was 15k worth of steel on a 2k trailer. The truck weighs around 8k so that's around 25k total. That was with a leaking ip an 4 pudding injectors. I really didn't know the trailer was as heavy as it was due to it being weighted properly.

I've hauled plenty more but they weren't to the scrap yard. I just know that the truck handled and stopped great but was a little slow to take off.

Now with the baby moose and russ's injectors the truck screams. Hopefully i can get a turbo on soon to see what she'll do.

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The largest load i've hauled was 15k worth of steel on a 2k trailer. The truck weighs around 8k so that's around 25k total. That was with a leaking ip an 4 pudding injectors. I really didn't know the trailer was as heavy as it was due to it being weighted properly.

I've hauled plenty more but they weren't to the scrap yard. I just know that the truck handled and stopped great but was a little slow to take off.

Now with the baby moose and russ's injectors the truck screams. Hopefully i can get a turbo on soon to see what she'll do.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
My diesel mechanic guru from Jersey used to be an over the road driver. He had a 84 f250 supercab 6.9 4 speed with some sort of OD unit. Had a flat bed w a tag axle. Said more than once he grossed out about 30k:eek:

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My diesel mechanic guru from Jersey used to be an over the road driver. He had a 84 f250 supercab 6.9 4 speed with some sort of OD unit. Had a flat bed w a tag axle. Said more than once he grossed out about 30k:eek:

He had a tag axle on his F250? That would have been interesting to see ;Sweet

As for what he grossed at, I believe him, seeing how I've been there myself - this stuff we do for friends sometimes :eek:

Dave7.3

Diesel ******
Reaction score
Ive hauled 23 sorority girls with my truck.

Must have been quite a task getting all those girls to fit in the stock trailer. :rotflmao

Just messin with ya ;Really

Back on topic, the most I have ever hauled was a 13ft flatbed loaded with a small shed kit for the farm. Easily in the 8000# range on the trailer and it was a slow drive in 4th most of the way home...

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
heaviest ive ever hauled was a six round bale hauler with 5 really soggy 6x6 round bales that wieghed about 1600 dry on a bout 2k trailer. no brakes on trailer so stopping and getting up to speed took a little while but the truck chugged along just fine once we got up some speed

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
2 ton of modified red stone in the bed. stayed in all winter since it froze solid. truck sat nice and level and still moved prety good. this was in my 2wd 83 f250 4 speed

gatorman21218

Reaction score
Must have been quite a task getting all those girls to fit in the stock trailer. :rotflmao

Just messin with ya ;Really

Back on topic, the most I have ever hauled was a 13ft flatbed loaded with a small shed kit for the farm. Easily in the 8000# range on the trailer and it was a slow drive in 4th most of the way home...
no trailer. :backoff :eek: 3 in the cab and 20 in the back.

trapper

Boom Boom
Reaction score
when i worked for the dept of corrections as a corrections officer we used a 89 and a 92 F-350 flatbeds and when we hauled we put around 8 to 10K just in the beds haha....busted alot of stuff and was hard to stop em but they were good off the line

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i had 4k in bed 4k in trailer truck weighed 8k and trailer 1200
so thats 17k with no trailer brakes over mountains seems like a lot now
now to highway i pulled a fully loaded tractor trailer tanker around my dads shop cause the starter went out and he didnt want to change it there

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
a 7100lb 1963 IH Pickup, on a 3500 lb trailer. my 250 weighed 6400lbs and i had about 1200lbs woth of gear and passengers in the 250! ;Sweet sooo about 18,200lbs. it did fantastic on 37" tires, 55mph on the biggest hills.

-Jon

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
12,500lb mini excavator on a 3500lb tri axle trailer and 7000lbs for the truck and it hauled it just fine but did learn one thing that when you have stacks and a spare tire in the bed its best to make sure the 2 ain't touching LOL

dieselgiant

Dieselgiant
Reaction score
just recently I hauled a John Deere ct323 skid steer whole rig weighed 21,080 lbs. Stopped good with trailer brakes, acceleration was total crap but once you get going it pulls it fine.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle