Biggest load with IDI

tnmtn

Reaction score
I towed a backhoe and a few attachments back from central Fl. to Northest Tn. total trailer weight was around 14,000#. Interstate the whole way. the truck hauled the load but i never knew there were so many mountains in Florida. towing local speeds it does fine with the same combo, just a little bit slow but i'm not in a hurry.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
With my enclosed carhauler about 22k gross . Pulled it just fine
I regularly travel grossing around 18k with my 5er, although with these long grades out west here in the summer I have found it wanting for an external oil cooler which I have on order before my return trip home.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
94 fsuperduty factory turbo,automatic,5.13 gears 2 car carrier towtruck with HD rear springs and multi leaf helpers..ive been known to tip the scales well over 20,000 pounds.the last load i brought in with it before i sold it was 10,000lbs of truck frames and rear ends stack higher than the lightbar.the truck itself wieghs 9200 with me in it.i do believe somewhere on this site is a picture of one of my heavy scale slips.i wouldnt even consider the wieght when loading that truck,it would carry anything i put on it.i had a wheel lift wrecker with tunnel box on the deck that wieghed 13,000 pounds cookoo :sly

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
here ya go 13,000 on my deck.

Attachments

• wrecker on ramp.jpg
    wrecker on ramp.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 47

yotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a load to the dump where the unloaded (off of the trailer) weight was 15K. a few idi's on a 2K trailer. only pics are
You must be registered for see images attach

oh yea, and my pig getting towed by a heavy

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
Once I had both of my kids, my dog, and a plastic bull dozer in the cargo area. That was EASILY 400 lbs...including me.

SWS

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
3 horses and an all steel 16ft bumper pull horse trailer. done good other than one huge hill! idk the % but i was doing 65 at bottom in 4th gear was doing 35 at the top puffing smoke. other than that done excellent

rjglenn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I pulled 22 rolls of hay (18000#) on a 34' flatbed trailer that weighed about 6000#. That's about 24000, or 10000# more than I really had any business pulling. It was slow going and I had to watch the heat. It pulled it, but I won't be doing that again, ever!

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if it fits on my truck its going with me.wieght dont scare me,just gotta change driving style to accomodate the load cookoo

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
if it fits on my truck its going with me.wieght dont scare me,just gotta change driving style to accomodate the load cookoo

What he said - as long as I don't have to cross a scale.:D....For some reason compliance officer's frown on severe overweights - odd when most of them could be grouped into that class.:rotflmao

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What he said - as long as I don't have to cross a scale.:D....For some reason compliance officer's frown on severe overweights - odd when most of them could be grouped into that class.:rotflmao
:rotflmao:rotflmao

you learn to avoid the scales and learn where the sneaky no good DOT cops hide as well when youre a tow driver :slycookoo

1994Diesel

Constantly thinking
Reaction score
My cabover camper is the heaviest thing i have every hauled. It has a wet weight of 2600lbs, plus the camping crud, my mom, brother, sister, and I. Im sure i was heavier than 3100lbs. It sat nicely on the overload springs and just tickled them. One of the best mods i have done is putting on superduty overload springs.

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
The white dragon had 3+ tons of machine base in the bed, put there by crane. The truck didn't like it much, but chugged over to the scrap yard with it. Front wheels very light on that trip.

pennsylvaniabo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I grossed 18.5k this past weekend with the truck, trailer, and offroad rig. pull fairly well in the mountains of PA. Loves to rev but gout around 9mpg towing that but it was crappy terrain and the truck has 4.10

IHDiesel445

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Used to pull a small excavator on a routine basis. Total trailer weight was around 16,000. Plus the truck loaded with tools and extra buckets/attachments. There was one grade I used to pull a lot here in the mountains of Virginia. Really steep too, I'd have the pedal on the floor in 2nd gear (around for about 4 minutes (because of an intersection at the bottom, you alway began from a dead stop). I would echo another member's comment about having an exhaust stack. Whatever is touching it WILL be on fire when you get to the top!