Be careful.

smokin69

Always smokin'
Reaction score
Well while at work today, a guy was taking a spring hanger off of one of the International **** trucks we have and couldn't get a nut out of the socket on the 3/4 gun and stuck his finger in to pull it out and slipped his finger on the trigger.... left really nice threads on the guys finger and the only way to get it off was unscrewing it. When your working on stuff just be careful, I know there's been times when I've done unsafe stuff working just to get it done. I was wondering what else other people have seen?

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ouch, never done that before I usually take the socket off and hit the nut out with a hammer a screwdriver.

When I think back to all the stupid things Ive done, it amazes me that Im still kickin.

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
Had a newish guy at a tire shop I worked at stick his hand under a tire while trying to break the bead (I wasn't working that day). Popped the last half of his middle finger off. The next guy to take over that tire carefully picked the finger tip up and set it off to the side. Don't know why the didn't look for it.

Also had a new sales guy there that didn't treat his wife very well. They got into a fight at home and while he was trying to shut a door, she stuck her hand in the jamb. Well he went and kicked the door shut and, yep, you guessed it, popped her middle finger tip off. I had to quit before I caught the same illness!

gatorman21218

Reaction score
Got a splinter in my hand at work a couple of weeks ago. I was brushing some leaves off a board to nail it and got a biggun. The dern thing was an inch long (i aint lying) and went in my hand at a 60 degree angle. Had to go to the ER for that one

Death85e

Death85e
Reaction score
Well in one of my finer brain dead moments i managed to drill a 1/4 inch drill bit 3 inches into my left thigh while trying to make a heat shield for my exhaust system on a ford bronco.

crashnzuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well in one of my finer brain dead moments i managed to drill a 1/4 inch drill bit 3 inches into my left thigh while trying to make a heat shield for my exhaust system on a ford bronco.

That must have bled something awefull. I stuck an exacto knife into my thigh about 3/8" and it POURED blood.
Travis..

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not truck related, but once I was soldering at my bench. I was wearing shorts, and the soldering iron slipped out of my hand, and I instinctively caught it between my legs. I think that was the last time I ever wore shorts. ;Really Those who have seen my legs at the rally can attest they haven't seen the light of day in a while. LOL

TwoTone IDI

ZF swap completed!
Reaction score
got my hand caught between two conveyor belts butted up to one another and took all the skin off the palm of my hand. nasty looking and hurt like a motherfer, in fact i think i might have gone into minishock. barely bled though.

smolkin

Stuck inside Mobile
Reaction score
I was mortising hinges on a door late on a Friday, tryin to get it done, and I couldn't find a good chisel. So I put a fresh blade in the craft knife and quickly began carving them out...one of the other guys said "slow down, don't cut yerself" kinda jokingly, and while chuckling at the comment I promptly sliced clear across my left palm, about 1/2" deep.
You must be registered for see images attach
30 stitches. I found out the hard way just how sharp those things are...the doc asked me if I'd used a scalpel, the edges were so clean.

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
heres my favorite ive seen
all names are made up to protect the morons
hey joe hold this strut assembly
now let me take the impact to the nut

the spring flew across the warehouse and nobody was hurt surprisingly

Fordsandguns

Fords Rule
Reaction score
I ran a cut off saw at a company that builds gates and corral panels and such, and was cutting 14 foot pieces of heavy wall pipe. The pipe was long enough to get two pieces out of each. Well, I had cut the first piece and, like a dummy, I reached my left hand under the runningcookoo saw to grab the other half and the opposite end came off the rail and shoved my hand up to the blade that was running at 3800 rpm.:eek: I jumped and put all of my weight on the pipe and managed to only get scuffed by the saw.
Just thinking about what could have happened makes me sick at my stomach!:puke:

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
Just yesterday I was grinding on a bracket to hang a fan on my mustang. Went to touch it up and looked right at it with no goggles and got sprayed in the face. I held my eye open, went inside and saw a small chunk of metal in there. Luckily I was able to scoop it out.

I saw pics of a guys hand that went through the chain and sprocket on his motorcycle. He took the pics himself while waiting for the ambulance. He admitted he was an idiot, soaked a rag in lube and held it on the chain while the bike was idling in gear up on a stand.

BIG DAVE

OILBURNER FOR LIFE!
Reaction score
Just yesterday I was grinding on a bracket to hang a fan on my mustang. Went to touch it up and looked right at it with no goggles and got sprayed in the face. I held my eye open, went inside and saw a small chunk of metal in there. Luckily I was able to scoop it out.

I saw pics of a guys hand that went through the chain and sprocket on his motorcycle. He took the pics himself while waiting for the ambulance. He admitted he was an idiot, soaked a rag in lube and held it on the chain while the bike was idling in gear up on a stand.

I did the same thing with a grinder last week only I had safely glass on cookoo I had to go to the ER to have it takin out. needless to say I use goggles now.

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
Saw a guy at school put a number 30 drill bit through his left middle finger. My father tore his left hand open with a lathe, he was polishing a piece with emry cloth and it managed to double wrap around the stock. And once about 7 years ago I was running a Stihl 046 magnum chainsaw that idled high, now I've always rested the saw on my knee and got my jeans caught in the chain, luckly I was wearing double kneed riggs. I've also had the action not close all the way on a lever action Marlin, that lead to a real black eye. I've also caught a wood chip in my right eye from being stupid with a chainsaw, I think I'll just stop talking now...