Reaction score
or any other brand you chose
I know this is going to start a war
but guys why did you go that way
not any other BS please

ok I went w/ the ATS stage 4
yea all the guys by me run DTT
& they seem to do them justice
but see for me it was the 3 yr/ 100k warrinty----- :yell:dammit I want spell check------------
if you'll look at my trade name you'll
see why I went that way on the flip
side it's not good for them as I have
allready learned how to snap an output shaft
as if it was lazer cut :sorry:
well called them up & they said ok no problem
it's commin over night at N/C to me they
just forgot to tell me it was overnight 2nd day
& they asked if I could send it back so they could see it
& test the hardness - sure guys what ever

B

Big K

NV5600 equipped, so neither for me, thank you!;)

Seriously, in our neighborhood, DTT is the flavor of choice. Lotsa happy customers.

I can say that I have been assisted by the DTT staff twice now. Once on NAIL BENDER'S truck when it was mine, and once just recently on nblack's truck. Neither of these rigs have any DTT parts in them, yet.;) Thanks DTT! :thumbsup:

I am glad to see some competition in this area. As with anything, competition nearly always benefits the end user.:D

Max Power

Reaction score
I am taking donations for mine :D

For the Allison we have, suncoast, ATS, BD Power, and transgo. I am sure there are others. Once DTT comes out with an Alli solution I might go that route.

What are the price differences between the Dodge options? For the allison it seems to be around 5 large.

BreaksEverything

TROUBLE INC.
Reaction score
well mine was the full boat $4700 to my door in 2 days
tripple lock T/C , there V/B , & guts & the billet input shaft
T/C lock controler , & some other thingy that told the ecm that the line presure wasn't as hi
oh yea a nice purple paint job lol

TORQUE THIS

Reaction score
Yup, DTT for me... Parts are 2 hours away, not 2 days... :moon:

I did a lot of research and DTT seemed to be the fit for me. Oh, yeah, full blown rebuild. 15,000 flawless and HARD driven miles. Just dropped the pan and it was spotless, also needed no adjusting.

Spent much less than $4700... to each his own!

bpaul

Reaction score
dtt for me also. i was leaning that way after driving someone else's truck, and sold by the help i got from bill k and co. when my trans was failing....BEFORE i spent any money.
everything but billet shafts...lots less than$4700

MUDDY

Reaction score
well,,,,,im ignant on this auto stuff. gotta learn quick. gotta fix it b4 its broke. gotta hold 500 hp and hold up to e-brke. gotta research thrustwasher deal on 48re. wonder if i need billit input for my use. normally under 20,000lb. what bout acumalator and servo. the tranny so far is babied and waitin to be modified, only a few easy miles. at least needing tc,vb, and smartcntrler.mayber servo,acumalator and billit input. a fix for the thrustwasher

may be leanin towards dtt. more reasonable price and in this area seems to be lots of folks swearin by the dtt product and custmer servce. i didnt research the wrrnty on the dtt

Fishin2Deep4U

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Muddy,

I just talked to DTT for a while today. They typically don't recommend billet input unless you are over 500+ hp and or using a lockup device and or using an e-brake.

Output shafts if your pulling sleds, drag racing and power braking.

I have 40k on my unit and the only way they'll do this for me is o the exchange rate. It doesn't matter what my internals look like either. Even if I get a full rebuild, price is the same. So, the day of a master kit and parts and pieces dumped into my case seem to be gone if I want a warranty.

So, if you got a deal out there for under $4700 with billet input and all the other goodies, you are doing better than me. My first quote, all 2 months ago was $3150. It has grown substantially and I have yet to commit to it.

I will be forced to look at the other guys just due to the variance in pricing. If you don't care what you pay, DTT has some of the best stuff going.

JMO

Dave

MUDDY

Reaction score
dave,
im sure i will be pushin 500 w/ 3s and the new edge box. no sledpulling or SERIOUS dragrcing. i want controller and e-brke

im understnding if the stock tranny isnt damaged or beenslipping it will cost less to do

what bout servo or acumaltor

Fishin2Deep4U

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im understnding if the stock tranny isnt damaged or beenslipping it will cost less to do

Well, that's what I understood.

Actually, I was quoted one number by Stephan and it looks like his number is out the window. I was transfered from talking to Stephan to Shanti and the price went from 3k+ to almost 5k.

I have heard this is a growing trend up north, but I dunno.

The response I got back was that they would only consider rebuilding and warrantying a tranny with 10k or less. And if they rebuilt mine, same price as an exchange. The price I was quoted included all the HD internals.

PM me and I'll give you the scoop I got. Might be easier to get you the details I was given.

Needless to say, my bubble was burst long before I got to get up there. I have talked to many of DTTs customers in an effort to figure out what I wanted. I also asked about pricing. The numbers I have been given as significantly higher than others have paid for the same work.

***?

No answer. But I don't like it.

Dave

Last edited:

MUDDY

Reaction score
dave, u got mail

interesting on the prices. my price quote was way cheaper.

i got several different pieces of advise re; billit input, servo/acumalatr etc. if i dont have to go them it save even more but,,,,,,,,,,,,:confused:

i want to do this rite the 1st time

and,,,,,,,,,,,,,thrustwashers:confused:

B

Big K

:***:

Dave, say it ain't so:confused:

Sounds like "bummer, dude"

Where to go from here? What happened in such a short period of time?

:mad: :mad:

Fishin2Deep4U

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Eric,

I don't know. But I will tell you this.

If you wanted a house package and had me quote it, which is always a good idea by the way, I would give you a number based on what you specified.

If, upon arrival at the office, I changed the price after taking time out of your day, driving all the way out to pay for and schedule it and expecting a good service, you would tell me to get bent. And I doubt you would be that polite about it.

I am not ready to do that of course. I just would like to the product/ service I was quoted at the price I was quoted. It's not like I got these numbers last year, this is all within the last month.

Bummer? Yes. End of the story? I hope not. I think DTT is on top of the heap for what my needs are. I just don't have the cash to say F_it, it's only money and I want it. Especially when my fellow CTD owners have done better on price.

Must be my ****** disposition. :shoot:

Dave

NAIL BENDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry about that Dave, that is a bunch of crap. Keep me posted as I too need their service. Not willing to pay that much though.

TORQUE THIS

Reaction score
Keep in mind that you might be getting quoted for worst case. A real quote is hard to give until ya open her up and see what's been going on in there.

My tranny was rebuilt by Massdiesel. I got to watch the entire rebuild process,and I'll tell ya it is very time consuming. Scott is one hell of a guy!

The truck was also back on the road in 6 to 7 hours!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online