ATS or DTT

SEmerson

Reaction score
DTT all the way for me. I have on truck with a DTT now and am looking to get my secound DTT soon. (in the wifes 3500)

B

Big K

Originally posted by Fishin2Deep4U
Eric,

you would tell me to get bent. And I doubt you would be that polite about it.

Dave

Right you are;)

Hopefully just some miscommunication that will be resolved when you get to speak to Stefan.

murfman

Reaction score
Hey guys, first post here... I talked to Bill K today, and he quoted me 3500.00 for an exchange on my 99 CTD with a new converter. He said the price would be the same to do my trans. I am in the Chicago area and he said he had a guy in Angola IN named Jack Williams that does transmissions for him. Anybody ever use him? Thanks in advance Murfman

klaybus

Reaction score
Dave,
I had internal leaking on my 99 last June, three days before our vacation. My wife called up there to see if Bill could get us in before we were to leave on our vacation. Bill squeezed us in his schedule & got us on the road the day we were to leave for vacation. The reason I am replying to your post is to tell you what I paid.... $3499 + $500 for the R&R.
I knew what the price was just by going to the website. No surprises on the trans price. I had no idea what the R&R was going to cost but Bill \ Shanti saved our scheduled vacation & thus far the trans has performed flawlessly!
I chose DTT based on his reputation with the NW Bombers & his location since I live in Everett. As I have always read, Bills customer Service is 2nd to none. As far as the pricing differences you received, I dunno! I was asked if I wanted the Billet shaft & due to cash I declined. Now, I'll end up paying another $500 for the R&R so the shafts can be installed. Damn! $1000 for R&R? Well, two R&R's.
Sorry about the pricing dilema. I hope you can get it resolved. IMHO the DTT is the finest available & customer service is #1.

Clay

ofcourse

1% r
Reaction score
Fishin2Deep4U

I wouldn't flinch at paying $4700 for what you are describing.
Take the $4700 and deduct the Billet Input, R&R, Taxes, Etc. It would seem a very realistic price. I don't believe anyone is getting what you describe for $3500.

I'm sure there was some mis-communication between you and Stephan.

And realize you are also getting the latest upgrades in your Trans that many do not have unless they bought recently.

You can't get something for nothing, and if you go to the lowest bidder you will not get what you pay for and it will not do what you expect it to do.

Sorry for the rambling, but when it comes to the Kondolays I think a lot of people besides myself would get up on the soapbox on their behalf. They have more respect for their customers than any company/business I have dealt with. I would hope that you would not voice your disatisfaction with them in a puplic forum until you try to resolve your differences first.

Yes, I am biased. I have their Trans in my truck and I also consider them friends.

I'm sure if you choose to have them do your trans, you will be posting here in a different tone.

Terry Course

Fishin2Deep4U

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Terry,

I agree with you. I did try to work out the gaps before I posted and it was to no avail. The problem was not on my end. It was not until all the folks up there got together and decided exactly what they should be telling me.

Now, with that said, I was talking to Stephan to start with. He was quoting a price on a rebuild on my unit. However, in order to get the full warranty and not take the chance of additional parts cost, I had to do something different. That was not from Stephan, but it was finally worked out.

I am now fully satisfied with the quoted pricing and work to be done. It was just the numbers quoted by Stephan that threw me into a tailspin.

Frustration typed faster than my mind would normally allow.

I am heading up to have those folks to do my install. I am content with the pricing and work being performed. And I have never questioned the quality of thier product, I have seem it too many times.

Sorry if I rubbed anyone the wrong way and in a few weeks I'll be singing the praises of DTT I am sure.

Dave

Got Juice?

Stack Daddy
Reaction score
Hey, make sure you don't spill anything on that racecar body in the shop!
I spent 2 days with acetone and wax/grease remover to get it ready for the paint booth!

Say hello to the crew for me!
J

Fishin2Deep4U

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Juice,

What is the best, most effecient way up there? Where did you cross the border?

I am trying to get my bearings straight prior to leaving the house. I am guessing it'll take me a while driving from Tacoma, so I'll need an early start.

How many miles up ect? I have not crossed the border for anything but work and to be honest, I was usually sleeping.

Dave

Got Juice?

Stack Daddy
Reaction score
***DISTANCE DISPLAYED IN MILES***
HIGHWAY DISTANCE: 92 CITY DISTANCE: 58
0 0:00 Starting at: Market St & 11th Av 150 2:49
Start South on Market St for 0.1mi
0 0:00 Junction With 13th St 150 2:49
Turn East on 13th St for 0.1mi
Turn South on Pacific Av for 0.6mi
Turn East on 21st St for 0.1mi
1 0:02 Junction With I-705 149 2:47
Turn South on I-705 for 0.7mi
2 0:03 Junction With I-5 148 2:46
Turn North on I-5 for 120mi
17 0:19 Approaching Vicinity of Seattle WA 133 2:30
109 1:56 Approaching Vicinity of Bellingham WA 41 0:53
121 2:10 Junction With Rt 542 EX# 255 29 0:39
Turn East on Rt 542 for 10mi
132 2:26 Junction With Rt 9 18 0:23
Turn North on Rt 9 for 14mi
145 2:45 Junction With Border Crossing 5 0:04
Cont. North on Border Crossing for 0.1mi
145 2:45 Crossing International Border 5 0:04
145 2:45 Junction With Hwy 11 5 0:04
Cont. North on Hwy 11 for 4mi
145 2:45 Entering British Columbia 5 0:04

150 2:49 End of Trip

Got Juice?

Stack Daddy
Reaction score
that should be the fastest least stressful route.

The sumas border crossing is your best bet, lightly traffiked (rel speaking) and it provides you an almost straight shot up to DTT.

Have a good trip...... GO FOR THE 93% convertor.... tight shifts!