Anyone recognize this turbo setup?

Tristan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does it only feed the turbo from one bank of cylinders? Or is it supposed to be a twin turbo setup?

Rdnck84_03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like the passenger side crosses under the bellhousing.

James

u2slow

bilge rat
Reaction score
Looks like a homebrew setup that uses a turbo off a 2ndgen dodge (hx35?)

I reckon theres a crossover pipe under the engine. Similar to how a GM 6.5turbo is done.

KansasIDI

Hopelessly addicted to IDIs
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chevy ZF5!? Damn. Most all 2500/3500 GMT400s that I have crawled under had NV4500s, 6.5s, 350s, and 454s. Course, there are 4 speeds in the older ones, but any with a 5 speed that I’ve been around were NV4500s. Even the ones I haven’t crawled under would have to be NV4500s, a ZF5 shifts notchy, a 4 speed like an NP or SM465 or a T18/19 shifts unrestricted or open, and an NV4500 shifts smooth, but kinda pushes back. Very hard to make one grind in my experience, ZF5s seems like they’ll grind gears easily. Getrags are… kinda loose but not really open, they have always reminded me of a big rig tranny.

This is all in my limited experience, which does NOT mean much, others may have experienced otherwise.

KansasIDI

Hopelessly addicted to IDIs
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I could easily be wrong, I’m not saying Chevy ZF5s don’t exist, but that looks just like the adapter I took off my 6.9 block a few days ago, and that ZF5s bolt pattern looks just like the bolt pattern on the ZF5s I have, and my T19 from my white truck. I don’t think that’s a Chevy tranny.

The ZF6 was used behind the Duramax in its early years, 01 through 04 maybe? So I could believe that there is such a thing as a Chevy ZF5, but I’m doubtful

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I could easily be wrong, I’m not saying Chevy ZF5s don’t exist, but that looks just like the adapter I took off my 6.9 block a few days ago, and that ZF5s bolt pattern looks just like the bolt pattern on the ZF5s I have, and my T19 from my white truck. I don’t think that’s a Chevy tranny.

The ZF6 was used behind the Duramax in its early years, 01 through 04 maybe? So I could believe that there is such a thing as a Chevy ZF5, but I’m doubtful
I have a sneaking suspension that @IDIBRONCO was using what's called "humor", and that the guy selling the stuff doesn't have a clue.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I have a sneaking suspension that @IDIBRONCO was using what's called "humor", and that the guy selling the stuff doesn't have a clue.
You very well may be right since all Ford application IDIs had an adapter plate.
This is all in my limited experience, which does NOT mean much, others may have experienced otherwise.

please excuse my crappy social skills
Don't worry about it. My sense of humor is often skewed, understated, twisted, and otherwise off colored. I also LOVE irony.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86