Another turbo for the DT466 project.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I drove out to Arkanas Saturday to meet with a tractor pulling friend of mine. He had a turbo I need for my DT466 twin set up. I'm using a S480 for the small bottom charger and was looking for a Garrett T18A-95 for the larger top charger. Well, Brad had one that was built by Max Simpson out of Michagan and wanted to sell it as he was upgrading his middle charger on his triples. So, I bought it from him. It's got a 114 turbine housing in hopes of lighting that big sucker without having to scream the engine to 3000+ RPM. It may need a 132 housing if I play more on the track than I think I will.

Here are some photos below of the Banks IDI trubo with the small charger (S480).
You must be registered for see images

Now some shots of the twins side by side:

Man, I wish I had some more time to play with this slow moving project, but the 6.9 in the crew cab is putting the DT466 on the back burner for a while.

Heath

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm going to buy this valve cover when I actually have time to start building the DT466. Stronger than the stock stamped steel cover and has more room for rocker movement with a higher lift camshaft. Plus, the aluminum will polish up nicely.

Heath

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trust me, mine is tormenting me too. I can't wait to get to play with it, build it up, mod the frame, mod the Dana 80, mount up the Fuller transmission and roal on those twins............. but, I've gotta wait for a while.

Heath

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gonna have to pull the trigger one of these days Jon.LOL You know you wanna DT under the hood of that IH.

Heath

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
Gonna have to pull the trigger one of these days Jon.LOL You know you wanna DT under the hood of that IH.

Heath

i listed to it run, ran smooth as glass with only a light haze of smoke when running cold. even has an inline pump which is a plus right? i know the guys sons really well i think he'll let me do payments on it.

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, those arnt very thick. What does a tcase like that run? I appears it can be divorced correct?

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New $3200 for the 2x4 - 4x4 selectable units. Yup, divorced with a 12.5 inch drop.

Heath

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online