another one goes off to die.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
'86 CC dually 2wd. shell and frame is what's left. I didn't keep the doors due to the fact they don't sell.

Attachments

• IMG_0240.JPG
    IMG_0240.JPG
    91.9 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0239.JPG
    IMG_0239.JPG
    97.5 KB · Views: 53

gandalf

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
Originally Posted by towcat
You must be registered for see images attach

you mean in "pieces" :D
the '94 is in place for parting shortly.

i saved it but 80-86 are incompatible with 87-94.

True, but next in line is a '94. That's the one I'm looking at, if you have no other plans for it.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As those of us in the rust bucket writhe in agony, as a dent and rust free body is wasted..... :sigh: LOL

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You really do hate us east coast guys don't you. I wonder what it would cost to move a cab across country. With the availablity of clean cabs out here, I'm starting to wonder if it would be worth the cost in work savings alone. I know one thing. Once I have a running reliable truck, if I decide to restore anything else, it will come from a much drier warmer climate. After diving into this, I almost think it would have to be worth what ever it would cost me to move it even if it means a week off from work and a road trip.

:dunno

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
guys-
if you done a search, I've even offered this body and frame "free" to a good home for over a year. typ4 was the only one who had a mild interest.
i can only hold this stuff for so long.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a great interest but no time for a marathon project. 2 are enough.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I see two shames going on here. Its a shame to crush a nice rust free truck when so many rusters want them. And secondly I see the shame of a rust belt rig going to hell because of whats put on the roads. But this is real life here boys. Its sad to see a nice rust free rig loose the life it was given years ago. So is a rig thats rusted away. Its done so lets see whats next on the hungry list.

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if i wanted to change bricknose over to bullnose, do i need the hood, fenders and front end? core support as well?

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
if i wanted to change bricknose over to bullnose, do i need the hood, fenders and front end? core support as well?

Yes, and the cowl. They are different shape. Also the Bull has slots in the cowl, where the brick and obs have holes. A front bumper, and the core support would be much easier if it were a diesel support..... I know that 2 members on here have gone to the slantnose (bullnose) front clip. One is done and it was an OBS to Slant, the other, which is still in progress is a Brick to Slant. I think the slantnose is the best looking of all three.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep, pretty much...and yes, you need the core support. To make it "authentic", the cowl cover should be replaced, but the later cowl covers do a better job of keeping out leaves...I don't know if the later cowl cover lines up with the earlier hood, though. I don't know if you need any other parts...

Regarding this truck...on the one hand, her time had come and I know that Calvin needs the space (I even know why :angel: ). On the other hand, this truck (or the remains of) have been at the shop for the entire 10 years that I've had the pleasure of knowing him, so it's still sad to see her go. Certainly, I can vouch for him saying that he did everything he could to sell or even give her away before resorting to this point...and, a number of her parts live on ;Sweet

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online