Always inspect your truck before driving!

Golden Helmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Because sometimes, when you're sleeping, little gremlins come out and steal bolts from trucks that won't die. I found something today that could have been a bad day for me, but a catastrophic day for a stock truck.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

This is just one more reason I love hydroboost. No vacuum pump, no problems :D

That being said, if anyone has the bolts i need to reattach my vacuum pump, shoot me a PM and I'll trade a few bucks for some bolts.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure they're just standard bolts, don't remember for sure but either 5/16 or 3/8. I'm thinking 5/16.

Love the comment.about the hydroboost!

Glad you caught it!

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could be wrong, probably am actually, but I want to say they're metric.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

I know mine weren't, but they were all buggered up so maybe they were SUPPOSED to be lol

Black dawg

Reaction score
Fixed bolts that were never tightened enough with a bungee......maybe swear at it some more.....that will fix it right up.

Golden Helmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fixed bolts that were never tightened enough with a bungee......maybe swear at it some more.....that will fix it right up.
Ever watched Zip Ties n Bias Plies on youtube? I feel no shame at all for my use of a bungee cord LOL

Funny side detail: never once since i've owned the truck have I ever loosened the vacuum pump bolts. Every time I changed belts, when I tensioned the alternator belt it also perfectly tightened the vacuum pump belt, so I've never touched those bolts. My money says the engine vibration and/or misfiring caused the bolt to vibrate loose, so instead of fixing that i'll just loctite the bolts next time LOL

I appreciate the tips on bolt size, but i'd really like to just steal an OEM bolt so I know the length and everything is correct. I had a super traumatic experience involving mangling that bracket between the AC and power steering pump, so I really don't want to go down that dark alley again. A bungee cord is better than mangled brackets and stripped threads :D