Alternative Fuels: Product/Kit Recommendations

NeverHave-I-Ether

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Howdy!

Making a website that will be selling kits and accessories for wmo and wvo. I have found many websites out there to be outdated and not sell good kits. My website will be modern and tailored towards kits for filtration and heated fuel systems.

Once I get the website up and it's official, will most likely become a vendor on here assuming I can afford it.

As a customer, what kits would you like to see me offer? Are there any hard to find accessories you would like to see? Any feedback on product information now appreciated.

Thanks,
Never-Have-I-Ether

backyard_mechanic

Reaction score
Howdy!

Making a website that will be selling kits and accessories for wmo and wvo. I have found many websites out there to be outdated and not sell good kits. My website will be modern and tailored towards kits for filtration and heated fuel systems.

Once I get the website up and it's official, will most likely become a vendor on here assuming I can afford it.

As a customer, what kits would you like to see me offer? Are there any hard to find accessories you would like to see? Any feedback on product information now appreciated.

Thanks,
Never-Have-I-Ether
What is the link to the site? I'm interested

NeverHave-I-Ether

Full Access Member
Reaction score

What is the link to the site? I'm interested

Haven't completed it yet, I'm still in the process of making it. Started out as school project for web design, decided if I'm making a website might as well be useful and something I enjoy.:cool:

I found some centrifuges that get up to sufficient rpm. Hopefully I can afford a bulk purchase once I get the price, it's through another country so I'll need to figure out currency exchange. Always learning about something in business.

If anyone has any product recommendations and kits they want to see available, that would be very helpful.

Any products or particular kits you would like to see for a fuel station or vehicle fuel system?

Thanks,
Never-Have-I-Ether

264WSM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have room to store 400 gallons of waste oil for fuel, most folks may not. A setup for small batches would be more marketable. I researched this about 15 years ago. Mixing 3 gal of filtered used motor oil with 1 gal of gasoline. I think a .83 specific gravity was needed for winter and .88 for summer. This is all from a failing memory - so don't quote me. Is this your plan?? If using used fry oil, I think it involves alcohol which can damage pump seals ... . Things may have changed on that end. Keep us informed

NeverHave-I-Ether

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have room to store 400 gallons of waste oil for fuel, most folks may not. A setup for small batches would be more marketable. I researched this about 15 years ago. Mixing 3 gal of filtered used motor oil with 1 gal of gasoline. I think a .83 specific gravity was needed for winter and .88 for summer. This is all from a failing memory - so don't quote me. Is this your plan?? If using used fry oil, I think it involves alcohol which can damage pump seals ... . Things may have changed on that end. Keep us informed

Yup, my route is to market to beginners and home users who don't have space. Most other suppliers market towards high usage users and the small time user is left in the dust it seems. Currently trying to set up a 2 barrel filter system with a centrifuge. Settling/collection tank which goes through a filter then through a centrifuge into the fuel tank.

As far as WVO and alcohol, I've only ever seen raw WVO filtered and burned. Will look into the usage of alcohol involved...

Never-Have-I-Ether

NeverHave-I-Ether

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I have centrifuges available now, different sizes available from 55gph to 1000gph. Includes hardware, PM me if interested.
Thanks,
Never-Have-I-Ether
You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• PXL_20220413_112943199.jpg
    PXL_20220413_112943199.jpg
    446.5 KB · Views: 5
  • PXL_20220413_112427454.jpg
    PXL_20220413_112427454.jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 4

NeverHave-I-Ether

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm much more interested in HHO systems.
Those do be interesting, I don't understand an efficient enough way to make it worthwhile. It works yes, but with very minimal gains of 1mpg at most. I've done quite a bit of research on it, you'd basically convert a propane conversion kit for our trucks or run a tube into the air intake.

Never-Have-I-Ether

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
Hi in the Cascades, Nearly- Redmond,Oregon
As far as WVO and alcohol, I've only ever seen raw WVO filtered and burned. Will look into the usage of alcohol involved..
Never-Have-I-Ether
I think it's great you getting this going.
As I understand Alcohol is used with WVO when you making Bio-Diesel....B100.
Back in '05 I helped couple guys over at Sisters, Or make 3 batches in a barrel. IIRC we had 40-45 gal WVO, added several oz of lye after checking specific gravity, added bout 10 gal alcohol, (or added alcohol then cked sp, then lye (long time ago)) had barrel up on blocks, lit big hot fire & cooked it after we took big drill & long paint stirrer & stirred & stirred.
Let it cool over nite then pumped B-100 off top of 15-20 gal of glycerin.....looked like big glob of dark Jell-O. And the Jell-O was supposed to be WONDERFUL! Supposed to be good for the compost pile, making fire logs, etc, etc.

And that main guy's house was all tracked up ALL OVER inside house with nasty glycerin footprints, front porch, sidewalk.....

Anyway back then I could get all WVO I wanted so I found several pair bout 55" Jeans at ReStore, run loop 3/8 rebar thru loops, tied legs, hung up out in shed with dirt floor, strained WVO after wk-month of settling.
Rigged LOTS & LOTS of heating stuff on my rig, 30 plate heat exchanger, internal tank heaters, & tried running everything from 100% WVO from one tank, diesel in other tank.....all way down to 25% WVO with diesel.....even tried it with WVO & 20-25% Non Ethyl gas. Actually that works. & I got over 1,000 gal WVO left ready to go..... Can't get it any more tho.

I also centrifuge my WMO really good.
I've got to where I run bout 20-30% WVO or WMO in winter & 50-60% in summer with my diesel...... winters can get down to 15-30* below round here.

LOL LOL Oh...BTW, when you collecting WVO you learn which eating joint feeds Hi Cholesterol food. Some WVO starts clouding at 40*, some at 15* LOL

Learning Curve Was Tremendous!!!!~ I said it in my sig. LOL LOL

NeverHave-I-Ether

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any updates on the site?@NeverHave-I-Ether
Yes, currently the website was planned on being opened last week. However a blessing from heaven came up, and I have a surprise coming that I should be able to reveal in the next week or so. I'll give you a hint, it's an existing business I'm speaking too;)

Never-Have-I-Ether

PossumTruck

Reaction score
I'd love if you took over PA biodiesel. I can think of a two barrel and a three barrel system, depending on the type of fuge. Both small footprint, But the three barrel is taller with an open bowl, vs a two barrel with a pressure-driven pump.

NeverHave-I-Ether

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd love if you took over PA biodiesel. I can think of a two barrel and a three barrel system, depending on the type of fuge. Both small footprint, But the three barrel is taller with an open bowl, vs a two barrel with a pressure-driven pump.
The website is back up and products are starting to be available for PA Biodiesel Supply.

Never-Have-I-Ether

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online