Actually retrieving WMO

Booyah45828

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a centrifugal pump, so it's not positive displacement. Would probably work okay so long as the oil is warm/thin. If it's winter thick I don't think it will work well.

Mt_Man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He is still up and doing business. Just hasn't posted videos in a while. I really liked his centrifuge comparison videos. I really want to buy his single pass. To get a second fuge going. Unfortunately he recently said that it was to difficult to source parts so he does not plan on making more. Super nice guy to work with.

kbenz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ended up throwing this together for now. Haven’t tried it yet

Attachments

• C562408F-D2FF-4D86-A6DF-C1A77C1279D8.jpeg
    C562408F-D2FF-4D86-A6DF-C1A77C1279D8.jpeg
    342.8 KB · Views: 13

Mt_Man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He is still up and doing business. Just hasn't posted videos in a while. I really liked his centrifuge comparison videos. I really want to buy his single pass. To get a second fuge going. Unfortunately he recently said that it was to difficult to source parts so he does not plan on making more. Super nice guy to work with.
Well I am wrong he closing the doors
You must be registered for see images attach

Blackfuel Blender

Reaction score
I sure hate to read this. I just purchased a pump and motor from him to feed the 55 GPH centrifuge I got from him back when GW screwed us over and made fuel go up.

houndy

Reaction score
I plan to use an independent 4WD hub and bearings .
machine to fit electric motor with speed control may use pulleys to vary speed to 4000 to 6000 rpm
which may get your oil below 3 micron they recon, an ordinary car converter should do it but need a lathe to do some work just wondering if any body has used a car torque converter.
if your oil is dirty get a 44 gal drum or similar fill with pine shavings? saw dust cut bottom out, put tap in top turn upside down then drain oil through that
a more agricultural way is get inch cotton rope 20/30 feet long wrap with cling wrap to make a pipe effect and put in a drum full of oil, as high as you can ,get it sets up a siphon effect, when it gets clogged cut 2 to 3 feet off and leg go again .i have seen the results and the end result looks like honey

PossumTruck

Reaction score
I've collected a few hundred gallons since I started this thread (using your advice), with yesterday being my single biggest haul. About 100 gallons of WMO and Hytran from a farmer. He lifted the barrel into my truck, I sparta-kicked it off the bed and onto a tractor tire. Worked great, less messy and less tedious than pumping it off into another barrel then getting the empty barrel off.

I also have been using an SBC pump and drill or everything I've done so far. I'm working up a DC motor-driven version - I just have to make a mounting apparatus and put it together at this point.

I've started just gravity feeding pre-mixed and settled w~90 through nested bag filters (25,10,5,1), but its somewhat tedious as I can pump faster than it drains into my barrel, but in reality I can filter a gallon or so per minute. Now that I know the IDI likes the stuff, I will transition to a pressure-driven system and possibly a fuge.