A Real New Injection Pump

Wyreth

Certifiable Noob
Reaction score
So how new is new? Didnt they quit making these pump years ago? I gues we'll see how it works once installed.

Seeing as it's from Uhaul, it's gotta be N.O.S. I do have to admit I am a little worried as to if it will work once it's in. Improper storage can kill these things faster than a dirty WMO blend. But Uhaulparts has a good rep here, and my pump is dead. I'm currently running on a pretty worn out running core that I cannot get to time past 4*btdc.

Will let you know the results.

Until this latest trip to Vegas, I NEVER took it above 2800, and 2400 was usually about it. :)

I've still never had mine more than about 2800. It feels like it runs out of steam as it spools out. Prolly because my IP has always been on its last legs.

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
I bet you can't do it. :D

well i tried it......sucked, didn't like the feeling and decided to see how high i could get my boost gauge.......12psi was all i got for the record lmao.

EIDT: that feeling of the truck falling dead on it's face when you hit the gov at 3400rpm, sucks even more though.....it's like, "powah, powah, POWAH..(gov)and great, back to no power, just a lot of noise.:rotflmao

Last edited:

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
well i tried it......sucked, didn't like the feeling and decided to see how high i could get my boost gauge.......12psi was all i got for the record lmao.

EIDT: that feeling of the truck falling dead on it's face when you hit the gov at 3400rpm, sucks even more though.....it's like, "powah, powah, POWAH..(gov)and great, back to no power, just a lot of noise.:rotflmao

You really notice that stinking governor when manually shifting the auto. It's a good shift point. :rotflmao:rotflmao

vegas39

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They just delivered our new pump this afternoon. Nice looking pump, just wish I knew how old it really is. I'll report back when I get it installed in the next couple of days.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
vegas look at the linkage, if it has rub marks on it , its a reman. I just recieved the "third "one . definately a stanadyne reman, emailed frank for an adjustment, hope it happens. at least it is a top quality reman.
last buyer backed out so I got it on a second chance buy.

also look at it and see if it has old nut marks on the mounting. as in more than a test stand run in.

vegas39

Full Access Member
Reaction score
vegas look at the linkage, if it has rub marks on it , its a reman. I just recieved the "third "one . definately a stanadyne reman, emailed frank for an adjustment, hope it happens. at least it is a top quality reman.
last buyer backed out so I got it on a second chance buy.

also look at it and see if it has old nut marks on the mounting. as in more than a test stand run in.

I installed it this afternoon Russ, it's definately brand new but we had issues with the install.
This pump was designed for the big International manual trans truck. There was no way to hook up the VRV, the shaft didnt have the little hole drilled through it for the pin that turns the VRV. Two hours later and a lot of cussing, we had a hole drilled.
The linkage is different also but managed to make it work on the truck. The truck runs fine but I need to get it down to Ryans house to get it timed.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I figured as the serial number does not match mine.
Hope the other buyer gets it sorted out.
Im ok with it but this one has been run, the fast idle solenoid has made rub marks on the linkage.
I have a 6.9 pump that is all apart so I will just swap levers.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7