A Real New Injection Pump

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score

vegas39

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought one and then realized, I hope it aint one of them low rpm models that they used on the 26 footers. I guess we'll see when it gets here. It's for my sons truck, (my old 86)

vegas39

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just looked at the pick again, it says 3,000 rpm. Thats plenty enough for my 18 year old.

rattleonby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree. Even with my 4.10's, an E4OD and a full load of stone i dont really go over 3000 either. These engines work down low anyways. I agree with gary too u-haul does have alot of OE IH goodies.....like an original international oil pressure gauge for instance...:love:

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
tomorrow on the way to work, if i remember, i am gonna try to keep the shift points under 3K rpm.....not saying i will loose my sanity, but also not saying i will loose it either.....

Wyreth

Certifiable Noob
Reaction score
Mine! *click*

I so cannot wait to see how she drives without a worn down pump.

Gary, thanks a TON for the heads up on this!

Only one more left for anyone else who needs one.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Crap. saw those 2 weeks ago and now they are gone. Needed one more payday. arrrrgh

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Crap. saw those 2 weeks ago and now they are gone. Needed one more payday. arrrrgh

Russ there are never enough paydays to buy what we need. I guess thats the sucky life we lead these days. We drive the most affordable diesels that can run any burnable fuel and we still get kicked under the bus. I like the new syyles but not the complexidity of the engines. I'll stick with stupid simple to repair. It fits my personality well.

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
Be interesting to see how well/how long the OEM pump lasts. Not much really to compare it to as the quality of rebuilds varies so much and we now have such poorer quality fuel then these factory new pumps were exposed to 30+ years ago when the came out.

Interesting nevertheless. IMO, the short life of the DB-2's is the biggest drawback of the idi's. Im always curious about reliable longevity of these pumps

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree. Even with my 4.10's, an E4OD and a full load of stone i dont really go over 3000 either. These engines work down low anyways. I agree with gary too u-haul does have alot of OE IH goodies.....like an original international oil pressure gauge for instance...:love:

max hp is listed at 3300 rpm however(if i remebr the valve cover tag correctly)

vegas39

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So how new is new? Didnt they quit making these pump years ago? I gues we'll see how it works once installed.

jrad235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Until this latest trip to Vegas, I NEVER took it above 2800, and 2400 was usually about it. :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online