92 Idi? or 94 power stroke?

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the trans is in need of some internal help my friend.
DMF = dual mass flywheel
SMF = single mass flywheel.
ive only read about either of these, so slap me if im wrong.
its just like it sounds.
if a dual mass flywheel is a 2 part flywheel
then D=2/S=X
find the X
, there it is!
ok enough with the math questions lol
its not your clutch its the syncros in the trans.
craigslist is your friend.

Smokeyseventhree

Reaction score
I bought my truck yesterday for $600 and all I need is glow plugs, I LOVE this thing and wouldn't trade it for anything (except maybe a nice cummins) can yank a house down, but tops out at 70mph lol

motox tech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$600 is a good deal for that pickup!! What is the altitude in utah where you are? When I lived in colorado (now reside in nebraska) my 7.3 seemed a little sluggish! I lived at 8300ft, so it was struggling for oxygen! My 92 n/a here surprised me when I drove it, and the power strokes really get with it! Your right though, still don't stack up to the 5.9 12v's I had! But these old fords are as good a truck as it gets for good old down and dirty working! Plus the Dodge that is wrapped around the cummins aren't my first choice! Thats a nice pickup you got there though!;Sweet

Smokeyseventhree

Reaction score
$600 is a good deal for that pickup!! What is the altitude in utah where you are? When I lived in colorado (now reside in nebraska) my 7.3 seemed a little sluggish! I lived at 8300ft, so it was struggling for oxygen! My 92 n/a here surprised me when I drove it, and the power strokes really get with it! Your right though, still don't stack up to the 5.9 12v's I had! But these old fords are as good a truck as it gets for good old down and dirty working! Plus the Dodge that is wrapped around the cummins aren't my first choice! Thats a nice pickup you got there though!;Sweet

I don't know for sure, it's a great truck, starts every cold morning here (with a tiny help from a good ol ether can) but the interior is great and is a great high school truck. I can pull for my grandpa and get ok economy, soon to have cng and water ****. Been looking for a bigger wastegated turbo so i can get that sweet whistle, but not blow the heads off. Has anyone ever done 6" exhaust from the down pipe to in front of the rear tire, or to stacks?

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
"Ether" "cng" "water ****" Lol
1 fix the glowplug system ASAP.
2 cng on a idi? Forget about it.
3 water **** injection, not real helpful and not really needed either. But if you have money to blow, go for it.
4 bigger turbo, get a hold of Mel at Conestoga diesel or Typ4 on here. Or go with a custom turbo.
5 exhaust, anything over 4 inch is a waste, and 4 inch is plenty big enough. This ain't no fart can ricer boy Cummings driving with his moose ears out. Most here will say to stay away from stacks. Imo, can sound good, but then the fad will go away and you won't want them anymore. I got mine for free from my brother, about to pull them off and give them back. Dual 4" miter cuts, if he doesn't want them back, I'd sell them if interested.

Sent from my SM-T537R4 using Tapatalk

Smokeyseventhree

Reaction score
I've seen tons of people use ether, cng was just an idea, crawling has water **** on his truck and looks like it works good, it needs glow plugs, but I need a radiator or to fix the radiator first. I want to do a hx35 with waste gate set at 12psi, and want a 5" exhaust so I can have a deep sound, and whistle. How much would you sell them for? My grandpa owned a wrecker company and is friends with tons of trucking companies and can get me some, but I'm trying to get all the 4,5,or 6" pipe I want

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
At his power level he NEEDS water ****. Lol At mostly stock levels, you won't gain much since these engines are already really efficient.
Look up "4 inch exhaust" on here. Some sound clips in that thread.
For mine, probably few hundred for sure.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this is why I want a 5" exhaust. Nothing anyone says will change my mind

you must take in account that this is not just the exhaust that makes it sound like this.
its also the upgraded turbo.
i have a free flowing 3" DP and a 4" exhaust, no muffler. i do not get any whine out of my tail pipe from my stock ATS 093 pushing 10 psi.
5" will not change this.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
He's a member here. Can remember the name.
That's the guy I was thinking of, thought his was 4".
Go for it.

Smokeyseventhree

Reaction score
For now I've just fixed my exhaust to where it exits the truck instead of blacking out my whole underneath, and put a tip on. Then I did a cold air intake. The cold air intake gave it some whistle, and power

lindstromjd

Black Sheep
Reaction score
For now I've just fixed my exhaust to where it exits the truck instead of blacking out my whole underneath, and put a tip on. Then I did a cold air intake. The cold air intake gave it some whistle, and power

You need to start a new thread. This has nothing to do with the original posting anymore.