70mm turbo and propane on 6.9

429idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's a couple videos of my truck driving around with the new turbo. I'm not convinced that the propane is working anymore. It did with my last turbo, but that one had a 3" intake pipe, this one has a 4" and I think it might not have enough velocity to create the vacuum in the venturi necessary to start the flow of propane. The turbo is a lot louder in person. It is a 6 blade compressor.

Anyways here they are...................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ezz0EPGLEg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOxFcwJQIUA

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's a couple videos of my truck driving around with the new turbo. I'm not convinced that the propane is working anymore. It did with my last turbo, but that one had a 3" intake pipe, this one has a 4" and I think it might not have enough velocity to create the vacuum in the venturi necessary to start the flow of propane. The turbo is a lot louder in person. It is a 6 blade compressor.

Anyways here they are...................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ezz0EPGLEg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOxFcwJQIUA

You think it has the much difference? Maybe try the 3" intake on this one if you can. I also said on the other site to check for propane leaks. Idk... :dunno

429idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You think it has the much difference? Maybe try the 3" intake on this one if you can. I also said on the other site to check for propane leaks. Idk... :dunno

A 4" has almost twice the flow capability of 3". There is a "high flow intake" diaphragm spring that you are supposed to use with aftermarket intakes. There aren't any leaks, nothing has changed except the new turbo.

429idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guage on the right is boost, correct?

What kind of boost #'s are you making? Sounds good!

I wishLOL the 60 psi was oil pressure.

The boost is on the left, I'm hitting 15psi consistently. I haven't really been out of 2nd gear though. This turbo will flow enough air to make 45psi boost in my 6.9 at 3300rpm.

Pyro is in the middle, and it stays under 600f the whole time.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I wishLOL the 60 psi was oil pressure.

The boost is on the left, I'm hitting 15psi consistently. I haven't really been out of 2nd gear though. This turbo will flow enough air to make 45psi boost in my 6.9 at 3300rpm.

Pyro is in the middle, and it stays under 600f the whole time.

Sorry got my sides mixed up LOL I meant left.

Sounds great!

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A 4" has almost twice the flow capability of 3". There is a "high flow intake" diaphragm spring that you are supposed to use with aftermarket intakes. There aren't any leaks, nothing has changed except the new turbo.

Will you be able to change that diapram out then? Also, you really need more fuel if you are only hitting 600* on your egts. There is a lot more power to be had with your setup.

429idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will you be able to change that diapram out then? Also, you really need more fuel if you are only hitting 600* on your egts. There is a lot more power to be had with your setup.

They make a replacement spring, I just can't find one.

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure he's running just the downpipe and no exhaust. He's just got a big turbo that spools really well on it...

Edit: I was going between two threads. Oops. I thought this was the loud whistling turbo thread. Haha

Last edited:

429idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I absolutely love the way your truck sounds.:love::thumbsup:;Sweet:rock:-Drool
Please describe to me EXACTLY what you are running for exaust.:thanks:

The noise you hear mostly isn't from the exhaust, it's engine noise, and the turbo noise is from the turbo compressor. The exhaust has a 3" down pipe into 4" back into the 5" stack y, and into 8" stacks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grizzly Wrecker