t70 on a 6.9

429idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found a t70 (master power) locally for cheap, so I bought. It was too big to put it right on the manifold (I have the rajay/roto master style turbo system), but the angle on the turbine was different so it was hitting the power booster and clutch master, so I build an adapter (just tacked together for fitment for now).

I already know the quality of the turbo so no need for cheap/ebay/china turbo "you're gonna grenade your engine" remarks.

It is a little more laggy than the t04b 60-1 that I had before, but I made 15psi in first gear (zf5 close ratio), whereas I only made 12 with the t04. The propane injection definitely helps light up the turbo though. It has a .68 a/r t4 non-divided turbine, with a p-trim turbine wheel, the compressor is also a p-trim, with a 70 a/r housing.

Thought someone might be interested. Thanks for looking.

Pictures here........
http://photos.thedieselstop.com/showphoto.php?photo=38898&cat=500
EDIT.... see post #12;Sweet

mabc926

Mojo
Reaction score
Don't you love changing the valve cover gaskets with these side mount turbos?

Did mine a few weeks ago and it damn near took me an hour just to do the drivers side.

93cc7.3

needs turbo power
Reaction score
awesomeness i have a t70 for my 7.3 mine is going to be mounted up in the passenger side battery area when i have the funds to finish this project

429idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't you love changing the valve cover gaskets with these side mount turbos?

Did mine a few weeks ago and it damn near took me an hour just to do the drivers side.

I love the felpro premium gaskets, mine have never leaked. I just changed them when I did my head gaskets/studs. Getting the turbo off is a pain if it has been sitting for a while. It definitely adds time when you break stuff too. I broke four bolts when I had to take the last one out, and the oil drain tube. It's still easier to work with than the ats 088 kit.LOL

That looks sweet man
Has to have some serious turbo lag tho

It isn't too bad compared to the last one( it had a .96 a/r t4), but it's probably a lot worse than everybody else with the t3 turbine h trim turbos. It wouldn't be the best for towing but it's good for what I do now, and the propane definitely lights it up. I'm seriously thinking about getting a smaller high pressure turbo to push it into.:sly

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love the felpro premium gaskets, mine have never leaked. I just changed them when I did my head gaskets/studs. Getting the turbo off is a pain if it has been sitting for a while. It definitely adds time when you break stuff too. I broke four bolts when I had to take the last one out, and the oil drain tube. It's still easier to work with than the ats 088 kit.LOL

It isn't too bad compared to the last one( it had a .96 a/r t4), but it's probably a lot worse than everybody else with the t3 turbine h trim turbos. It wouldn't be the best for towing but it's good for what I do now, and the propane definitely lights it up. I'm seriously thinking about getting a smaller high pressure turbo to push it into.:sly

Do it!!! Do you have studs?

429idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The diesel stop... If you know what your talkin about, you'll get banned there. The mindful folks in charge of TDS have ingested enough hippy hay and candy C to make Charlie Sheen seem like a casual vendee

I get it now. My pictures won't load on this forum, so I use that one. I'm not too good at computers.

429idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got it all done except I'm waiting on some exhaust bends to make the down pipe. The lag is worse than I remember, so something will have to be done about that, but it keeps building boost until I let out now. The last turbo would just peg at 15. I'll post a video of it as soon as I can get somebody to hold the camera for me.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle