7.3 diesel tracked vehicle

RedTruck

Reaction score
Thought you all might get a kick out of it:

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/csw/cto/4785294395.html

Ad reads:

89 FORD F250 BODY ON A OLDER MADE GROOMER FRAME, 7.3 NON TURBO AUTOMATIC
RUST FREE BODY,ALL NEW TIRES, TRACKS IN GOOD SHAPE, RUNS AND DRIVES FINE MADE FOR THE SNOW, POWER SEATS, HEATER AND WIPERS AND RADIO WORKS, CUSTOM PAINTED, VISOR, SLIDER,NEW BATTERIES, AND GLOW PLUGS,CUSTOM FRONT BUMPER AND WINCH

You must be registered for see images attach

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
X2. If I lived in a place where there was a lot of snow, that would be the coolest snow cat around.

mjs2011

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This thing would be great for ice fishing I'm thinking. I wonder how much it weighs, how capable it is in snow, and how exactly the gear train works. It looks really interesting.

bbjordan

Snow Monkey
Reaction score
Tracked Vehicle

Al, I hadn't joined OB yet when I took these in Revelstoke:

Sorry, not trying to hi-jack the thread.

Attachments

• Sno-Cat_4.jpg
    Sno-Cat_4.jpg
    671.1 KB · Views: 20
  • Sno-Cat_3.jpg
    Sno-Cat_3.jpg
    668.1 KB · Views: 21
  • Sno-Cat_2.jpg
    Sno-Cat_2.jpg
    495.4 KB · Views: 18
  • Sno-Cat_1.jpg
    Sno-Cat_1.jpg
    735.6 KB · Views: 20

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
open or Ltd slip diff in rear, cutting brakes and you got track action. I don't think they would be capable of counter rotating the tracks just skid steer only, regardless...

did I mention
-Drool

Ya I like Tucker snow cats too but they are super wide and not cheap, love to have one but what for? no place here to use it.

gandalf

Reaction score
-Drool

Ya I like Tucker snow cats too but they are super wide and not cheap, love to have one but what for? no place here to use it.

When did logic and practicality enter the picture?:D:rolleyes: If that were the case, half of us wouldn't have the trucks we have.:love:

shawnk

Reaction score
well i originally bought the frame with a gas motor in it wit a 74 ford reg cab all rusted out wasnt much had the levers for steering, i bought a rust free 1989 truck 2wd with a 7.3 that was only 2 years old, we redid the frame of the old one went through the brakes added idlers all new tires, had to use a separate transfer case to use the tranny off the diesal , we used 2 master cylinders mounted by the pitman arm to operate the steering, only have to turn it a quarter turn either way to lock up each side, works nice has a 2 speed rear end out of dumptruck but just kept it in low, it has quick track adjustment in front of each track. installed power leather seats and insulated the whole interior has stereo, heat and wipers, looks stock inside, time for a new venture thats why im selling this one. building a 49 Riley street rod, a old british car looks like a coupe now it was a 4 door, we made it a 2 door, chopped the roof have it on a s-10 frame with a mopar 426 street wedge motor in it, its going to take a couple years on this one
Shawn

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Was it blue and white before it was orange?
Think I posted a old pic of it awhile back.

Sent from my SM-T537R4 using Tapatalk