6.9 performance parts

fine6.9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been considering buying a set of the dps stage one injectors, but I have been hearing a lot of bad things about dps? Anywhere else I can get a set of injectors with a 30 hp gain or so? Also anyone know if there is any kind of perforance cam shafts out there? Thanks, Chad.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been considering buying a set of the dps stage one injectors, but I have been hearing a lot of bad things about dps? Anywhere else I can get a set of injectors with a 30 hp gain or so? Also anyone know if there is any kind of perforance cam shafts out there? Thanks, Chad.
chad-
anyone telling you that you are going to gain 30hp by installing injectors alone on these motors is blowing smoke up your ass. the only way to get any hp on these motors is by pump, and injectors as a set. a turbo will go a very long way in making bigger hp.
there are no performance cams for these motors. unlike gasser motors, these motors run "wide open" all the time. the only controlling factor is the fuel timing and volume.

fine6.9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
chad-
anyone telling you that you are going to gain 30hp by installing injectors alone on these motors is blowing smoke up your ass. the only way to get any hp on these motors is by pump, and injectors as a set. a turbo will go a very long way in making bigger hp.
there are no performance cams for these motors. unlike gasser motors, these motors run "wide open" all the time. the only controlling factor is the fuel timing and volume.

Thanks for the info. DPS is claiming 20+ hp with their stage one injectors, but from what I can gather, their service is :puke: As far as a pump goes, does everyone recomend the moose pump?

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. DPS is claiming 20+ hp with their stage one injectors, but from what I can gather, their service is :puke: As far as a pump goes, does everyone recomend the moose pump?[/QUOTE]

id have to say yes even though i dont have one personally but i want one so bad i cant stand it
DONT USE DPS ANY THING IVE HAD BAD EXPERENCE WITH THEM just trying to get a set of stage 1 to az and i never even got the FN things -cuss -cuss -cuss -cuss

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Think of the injector as a nozzle and the pump as the brain. Proper atomization is the key here, yes you will feel an improvement from your old clapped out injectors, but against new ones I bet not.
I didnt like my g codes so I put in rebuilt e codes.
and dont use dps.NO customer service.

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
Think of the injector as a nozzle and the pump as the brain. Proper atomization is the key here, yes you will feel an improvement from your old clapped out injectors, but against new ones I bet not.
I didnt like my g codes so I put in rebuilt e codes.
and dont use dps.NO customer service.

what did you think of the e codes and could u tell us a little about them

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The Moose pump is thru Agnem (mel Agne) so give him a call. He also has a guy that can make a set of injectors for you. They are expensive but you get what you pay for these days. I'm running his Moose pump. I have to say its really something else. The way I got it and installed it was what I call the stock setting. I didn't turn it up. I actaully have turned it down several times. At the present time I'm down 5 flats and can still turn it down more. When I tested it out of the box my boost went past 14 in a hurry. The pyro was passing 1100 too and I was not really pulling hard yet. I now am really comfortable at a solid 10 lbs of boost and 1000 degrees on the pyro. I really need to install my Hypermax intercooler and test that. I probably will be turning it up some. I will be having a set of injectors made too. Thats in the future. The pumps are just a teriffic addition to these motors. They are not expensive either. For the work that went into mine I feel I really got a heck of a deal plus my mileage is really good while hauling horses. With a load of 6500 lbs and cruising around 70 mph I get around 13.5 mpg for a motor with 8000 miles on it. Its stil kinda tight....:D

fine6.9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks alot, this is great info guys ;Sweet Anyone else care to chime in? Any and all info, experience or advice is more than welcome.

Do you guys think that you can get a 6.9 with a turbo to perform as well as a stock PSD?:dunno

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what did you think of the e codes and could u tell us a little about them

Well the biggest reason in my opinion to use reman injectors is that the springs have taken a set ,so when rebuilt the pressure will stay there longer.
My new g codes had pressures all over the map after 10k. And they were all set and balanced before install.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
A turbo IDI will compete with a Stock OBS PSD for sure. OBS PSD's use nongated turbo's so it takes them a couple seconds to spool before they have power. IDI's on the other hand where made N/A so they will have them out of the hole in a big way. My truck would walk on a stock OBS PSD for sure ;Sweet.....and a stock 12valve, but that would be a little closer (I've driven a stock 12valve, nothing to be proud of, talk about narrow power band)

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
a modded IDI will wipe a STOCK OBS PSD butt all over the place. But noone leaves them stock unless if it's a company vehicle.

+1 on that.;Sweet
Got to prove my fire chief on that one since he was a non believer and drives a bone stock 97 F-250 4x4 supercab. Heck I thought he was gonna catch me but never did. Gotta love those nice country road 1/4 milers.:D