40 gal rear tank?

Andylad13

DieselBoy
Reaction score
i remember reading about these replacement larger tanks, but dont remember where you guys were getting them from. Or for how much for that matter. anyone know?

OkieTruckerD

A Diesel Nut
Reaction score
I don't about the 40 gallon tank, but you can slip a 36 gallon Bronco tank in the rear section of the truck (eliminating the under-mount spare), and a place to find Ford Pick-up parts is www.lmctruck.com

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could also use a stock bronco tank in the front, its a lot cheaper than the JC Whitney stuff, NAPA has them for $133.00 plus freight. Uses the F-series fuel sender and everything just like our front tank, except they have 2 gauge hole sizes, so make very sure you get the right ones.

jimraelee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey JD, how would you use a stock Bronco tank ( square) in the front (rectangle - long) for our trucks... How about a stock Bronco tank in the rear, Bronco replacement tanks I have seen listed are 32 or 38g. Either would bolt in and be larger.

That Bronco Graveyard tank is pricey... $695.... OUCH!! I guess if you got to have 45g then thats your ticket

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
yup yup... still do... Jc whitney rag...

I didn't see the double capacity tanks, just the 33 gallon Bronco Tank..?

I screwed up a couple of years ago when I was sharing a car lot with Bob's Auto Aales, He had a 95 F250 PSD on his lot, kind of a ragged out POS but it had a brand new rear 45 gallon Transfer Tank (that is the brand name) on it, like the one from Bronco Graveyard. I think it was like $850 at that time. I could have had it if I just removed it and put in a stock one. Unfortunatlly I was moving the car lot at that time and just didn't have the time to do it.

It sold and I was bummerd,. Oh Well,...

Full Monte

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put in a 45 gal tank from JC Whitney. It's an after market product. The installation was so easy, I called the manufacturer to compliment them on the fit and kit they supplied. That was a number of years ago before fuel went up so high. Never thought I'd see the day where a couple tanks of fuel would buy a new fuel tank. However, with 63 gallons on board, I can go a looong ways before needing to refuel.

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had time to kill last night and checked the JC Whitney paper catalog, they still have the double capacity tanks. Most years are a couple hundred bucks.

Cat_Rebel

Does not compute
Reaction score
If you do alittle bit of final fitting you can fit a 45gal tank from a newer Ford F550 on the rear of the older trucks. I think if you look around alittle you could find one for a good price too.

Full Monte

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With a camper on board, I still haven't figured out what to do with the spare tire. Rear swing-away rack worked, but it made getting in and out of the camper a pain.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JU57US

Staff online