2017 Rally Route / Convoy thread (east coasters)

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went through the route plan and what rob has is perfect. I got rid of the retail circle stop but not sure if it will change anything else. I will have a short drive to CT and from there will be the route planned on Google maps.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i'd run on a trucker channel normally to listen for accidents and bear sightings. BUT have a predetermined channel to meet at if you don't want the rest of the world to hear you.

mu2bdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just to get a total time schedule. this may change due to food and fuel stops but for an idea.

this will start from my location and continue.

RI - 1:00AM
CT - 2:30AM
PA - 7:00AM
MD - 8:30AM
KY - 4:30PM

does this work for everyone? let me know if I screwed up on something.

131 Brainard Road at 0230? There are some safer areas to meet up that are still close to or on I-84. West Hartford and Southington have a few good sized fuel stops and there's a large trucker stop just west of the 84/691 interchange not much further down the road.

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just looked at the map and it looked like a good spot. Is that a bad area? I can look at the map again and find a better spot.

mu2bdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't hang around there at that hour. I know the area pretty well with its proximity to the airport and where I live and if given an option, I'd stop elsewhere. If you're coming west on 384 or 84, you can take 91S to Cromwell and there are some safer stops on the exit just past the Rt 9 exits (I forget the number). If you want to keep it simple, 84 through Hartford and keep going to the TA Center in Southington. It's on Meriden-Waterbury Turnpike in Milldale (a district of Southington) and is clean, well lit, and safer. It's 25 minutes and 25 miles further but if it were me, I'd go there

tjsea

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess I need to get a hand held cb then. I never got my cb installed yet.

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so looked at Google maps and have changed the location in CT to 1875 Meriden-Waterbury turnpike milldale CT 06467. that is the TA truck stop and is open 24 hours.

its really not a problem for me because I will be taking 84 anyway so it really just brings me further down.

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
Hey Elijah, just to firm things up. am I meeting you here at 7:30 or 8:30 ?
Pilot Travel Center, 11633 Greencastle Pike, Hagerstown, MD 21740