2017 Oilburners Rally

reset2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Signed up for T-10 tent site.
I also have my truck apart. Front diff out to change bushings and springs. While I was at it I found where my coolant was going, out the oil cooler. Now that is apart also. Much easier while front diff is out.

tjsea

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The three of us all have trucks apart.LOL
Well, chris's is together and technically I haven't begun to tear mine apart yet, lol! I'm trying to have the new engine and axle all ready to swap in before I pull mine apart.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any word on rally t-shirts?
Same as last year.:sorry:

No plans from me. Mel was the T-shirt guy for all those years. He's been too busy to mess with them anymore. It's a lot more work and time than I have right now too.

Any volunteers? LOL

Heath

Last edited:

Pork_Chop50

He looks kinda hairy and slobbery to me....
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Forgive me if this is not the place to ask, but how does the location and dates for the rally's get picked? I have read through the previous year rally threads and it sounds like a kick, but sadly I can't make July as it's harvest and the distance isn't possible. That being said I would be curious to know how the process happens as I wouldn't mind attempting a West Coast gathering possibly towards the southwest in Feb/March to have an excuse to see some sun.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
In years past, the location of next years rally was chosen at this years rally. However, as time moved forward things have changed. The last couple of rally locations, including the upcoming rally in Kentucky in July was decided by vote on the forum. We had 2 or 3 members "throw their hat" in with a broad overview of timeframe and possible activities. In this case Heath won the vote, so off to Bluegrass country we go. It has been in the eastern us to this point, I think to date the farthest west may have been Illinois (but one of the ones that was in the running for the 17 rally was in Missouri).... It has been in Jersey, and New Hampshire, A few in Pensylvania, one in Tennessee, a few in Indiana and a couple in Michigan.

We've also had a couple west coasters make it... Gary (icanfixall) and Calvin (towcat) have made the drive from coastal California.

There have also been a couple "mini rally's" other times a year.... There has been a few in Texas that have been picking up steam...

It is a great time, and many friendships have been forged at the rallys......

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, I have the names with reservations under the Oilburners Group at the campground.... Don't have site numbers yet.

I'm needing a rough head count so I can give folks at the Go Kart track and Distillery an idea of how many will be with our group.

So here is who the campground has as part of the rally (bare with me as she only gave last names and I don't know everyone's last name... and if I screw your name up.... Sorry LOL):
Cabins:
Elijah - 5
Rob - 2
Alex/Chris - 3

Campsites:
Me - 4
Jared - 6
Darrin - 2
Ron - 4
Mel
Denton - 6
Bowers - 3
Andy - 4
Chris Barber - 2 or 3
John

Tents:
Clemson - 1
Bertrand - 2
Travis - 4 or 8

If your name isn't on the list or if you know someone is coming that isn't there too, please let me know and I can double check with the campground and let them know you're with the group.

Also I need a close estimate of how many folks are coming, so please post who's all coming with you.

Heath

Last edited:

tjsea

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I posted to for Missy on Facebook, but as of now it is Chris, Miranda, and I from our crew. Matt and his gf were going to come, but he may have some other stuff that came up with. So 3 on our end.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online

No members online now.