1994 Serpentine set up

FarmerFrank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my truck wouldn't hold a belt and I got tired of trying to find the right size and burning my arms every time it'd throw one. so it is not all V-belt.

I have all the brackets, power steering pump w/o a reservoir, alternator and base, A/C compressor that i'm assuming is no good but it spins free, vacuum pump w/o the top canister, 90% of the hardware ( all the important odd bolts are there, I think its only missing 1 A/C bolt). I stripped the tensioner while trying to put on too small of a belt so I removed it, drilled it to 3/8 and put on a normal bolt to hold the pulley on. its the enclosed style with a dampener.

All the pulleys look good.

I don't know why it was throwing belts and I don't have the fiscal ability to keep trying a new belt and it leaving me on the road.

make me an offer on it.

thanks
Frank

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
is it an open spring or a closed spring tension assembly?

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
usually it throws the belt due to a mis aligned vacuum or powersteering pulley.
it could also be the idler or the tensioner pulley, both which are available.

I do need another set up, but funds do not allow me to purchase at this time.
if theres something you need in trade, maybe we can do something. but im about to put a bunch of stuff on CL and e-bay.

do not count this as dibbs. take the first $$ that flys your way. unless you wanna trade.

ive bought 3 set ups from the 200-300 range.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lots! LOL
what do you need?

you need to get the new Wicked Wheel III
You must be registered for see images attach

FarmerFrank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL I just read that thread. Looks like a hell of an upgrade!! probably not as good as tow mirrors, but close.

right now the only thing I could really need/use is a set of 6.9 head studs. I'm out of spare vacuum pumps if you have any you'd part with. That's all I can think of at the moment....

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm sure you could straighten that right out with a pair of channel locks. :rotflmao

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
[SUB][/SUB]
LOL I just read that thread. Looks like a hell of an upgrade!! probably not as good as tow mirrors, but close.

right now the only thing I could really need/use is a set of 6.9 head studs. I'm out of spare vacuum pumps if you have any you'd part with. That's all I can think of at the moment....

vacuum pumps for v-belt or serp?

what else do you need?

im ready to play lets make a deal LOL

I do not need the alternator, AC, or vacuum pump, I do need all of the pulleys and brackets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance