1989 F-250 7.3 Project

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tonight I relocated the washer bottle and my ambient air sensor. Fixed a ground that was affecting my glow plug solenoid from working, and then modified my boost pipe because it wasnt sealing well.

Tomorrow will be figuring out the brake wiring and checking the timing on the engine. I set it by ear and idle smoke initially. If both of those go quickly, not likely, I'll have to start figuring out the reverse switch wiring. I have all the harnesses from multiple trucks but there is no where on this trucks harness I've found yet to connect the harness I have for the reverse switch. I'll figure it out with the diagrams.

You must be registered for see images attach

rreegg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You gonna keep the foot dimmer switch? Saw that and the tail light harness and curious if you have plans for the headlights (unless I missed it on a previous page)

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Vacuum filled the coolant system
Having a sound in the clutch area of the drivetrain I have to figure out.

Set the timing.
This truck starts in 24 degrees no problem. Previously the engine needed ether to start before the build.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The good: I fixed the clutch and transmission noise. It drove out of the garage for the first time on its own.

The bad: it won’t control its own water temp. It slowly climbs into infinity. I stopped it at 213f. There’s a bit of oil getting into the coolant. There doesn’t appear to be coolant in the oil. I put the coolant system under vacuum and it didn’t leak any.

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Currently I’m thinking since oil in the coolant and not in reverse, it’s gotta be at a high pressure point such as the cooler. It also may explain as the engine heats up it seems to “push” the coolant out, because it’s putting pressure in the coolant system? It shouldn’t overheat though. That I’m thinking is separate. I can replace the thermostat and water pump, I already have a new water pump on the shelf. Right now shipping prices seemed to be jacked up, $50 of gaskets that can be mailed in an envelope rockauto is saying $25 shipping. Yea, no.

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did new head gaskets when I pulled it so this has like 2 hours of run time. If somehow the head gaskets are bad I will laugh. Also if the heads are cracked in some way I don’t think it would be the symptoms it has.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online