08-+ superduty mirrors on obs and older

73idi88f350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
been working on this project for a while happy how it has turned out and wanted to share what it looks like i seen one other truck someone did this to and i didnt like how it was done they removed the whole vent window i kept the vent and it still opens about half way... and i WAS not putting dodge or chevy mirrors on my ford
You must be registered for see images attach

73idi88f350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good, did you take any pictures of how you mounted them

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
yes i have a bunch of pics had to modify the mirrors(i did cut all 4 studs down where pic only shows 2) and weld a plate to the door.. the plates are temp tacked on cuz im gonna change the doors for some cleaner rust free doors.. but i wanted to make sure i could make them work and not ruin some nice doors and the vent windows gonna have to be removed to get the 4th lower front nut on..

Last edited:

73idi88f350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
and the goal was to get the mirror to hind any body work.. so it didnt have to be perfect which i came very close to doing

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
modern mirrors on classic trucks just don't fit imo.that said,those look and fit the truck a million times better than when people put those super long arm doge mirrors on.even though it's not my personal taste,good job.;Sweet

73idi88f350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
modern mirrors on classic trucks just don't fit imo.that said,those look and fit the truck a million times better than when people put those super long arm doge mirrors on.even though it's not my personal taste,good job.;Sweet

thanks! i was kind of back and forth.. i like to be different. dont mind the work in progress.. trucks gonna get repainted.

Last edited:

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i dont like how they are not parallel with the truck.
i thought about this, and the angle of the SD doors vs the OBS are too much for me to make a panel that gets them on the straight and level.

looks to be a clean install.
rock it!

73idi88f350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont like how they are not parallel with the truck.
i thought about this, and the angle of the SD doors vs the OBS are too much for me to make a panel that gets them on the straight and level.

looks to be a clean install.
rock it!

they are about the same on the superdutys honestly my uncle has a 01 with these mirrors and has a 12 with factory mirrors might be slight difference ill have to grab some pics i debated on cutting superduty doors and making plates with the factory stuff

73idi88f350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this is something i found online

if your talking about straight line from infront of truck that was mock up stage i do have them more level.. i have to get the truck outta my back yard and take some pics

direwulf23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree the mirrors aren't quite right for the body, particularly the black plastic. The brick nose/ OBS should have metal mirrors.
However, I will certainly say this looks like one of the best jobs I've seen and much superior then most.
I personally would like an updated mirror in my OBS. The Super Duty mirrors are very superior.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I hate my mirrors.
Can't get them adjusted for crap. May be since I'm short and have the seat all the way up, but thats besides the point. Lol
I like those mirrors. I feel the squareness fits the obs very well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

direwulf23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate my mirrors.
Can't get them adjusted for crap. May be since I'm short and have the seat all the way up, but thats besides the point. Lol

That's probably my problem as well, lol
And I'm used to big truck mirrors so backing up freaks me out when I can't see the ground/ rear tires

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I've seen some west coast style that have a lower convex mirror. Was pretty cool, can't find them again. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

73idi88f350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Obs f150's have the small plastic paddle mirrors, thanks for the kind worlds guys I figured this would be a love hate kind of post lol.. I needed new mirrors and wanted something different.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the look and how it is done.

You say you will be redoing it on better doors so this is the "dry run" to work out kinks...

I too would like tk see them parrallel to the ground and that is something that could be adressed in ver 1.5 on newer doors.

I hqve to say that the mirros complimemt the obs well. If you obs has the off black grill and headlight surrounds perhaps match paining the whole setup would be key to a very finnished look.

Thanks for sharing your work and again nicely done!

JM7.3CW

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86