08-+ superduty mirrors on obs and older

73idi88f350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck is really a brick nose 88 but it has a 96 cab with 92 wiring and I got a nice 95 bed for it... I do plan to get other doors I don't think I could get the plates in more to bring it more level the studs are cut about the thickness of the nuts and are close to hitting the vent window

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
I like is also.... looks good, but I was thinking along the same lines as Waystro..... the older style is more rounded, and may be a better "fit", style wise.....

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images

My white Excursion has the mirror in "Standard" position, and the dark colored Excursion is extended out in "Tow" position.

This is the 99-07 style... notice how the mirror head is more rounded.... this does make for a bit smaller mirror surface..... but they are much bigger than the standard 80-97 mirror.

Here is the "business side".....

Notice the curved top mirror, and the slight smaller bottom convex mirror. Trust me, they are a very nice mirror to have........ once they are adjusted, you can see a car out of the corner of your eye, out the window, and still see it in the convex mirror.........

For those that like the look of the chrome mirrors on the older body style, that's an option also......

Attachments

• truck_web.JPG
    truck_web.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 22

73idi88f350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right understand thanks for the kind words everyone now see how much they shake going down the road

73idi88f350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Next is doing the powered versions.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

these are some ebay specials i thought i got the lighted and power ones found out i was wrong when they showed up.. thought the lens was just tinted rather then no lighting(running light and signal)

73idi88f350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dont look that bad... this is how it stands today, i also think it being a crew cab dually helps with the largeness of the mirrors.. took it for a ride pretty happy. unhappy with the ebay mirrors tho the large mirror seems slightly loose on both... and im sure they wont exchange them now that i hacked them up ... they also feel like there right in your face driving but that isnt a big deal to me... you can see tons better no more bind spots for sure!:D
ignore the ugly the truck is geting a make over.. reason for doing mirrors

Last edited:

73idi88f350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From that angle they look a lot straighter.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

i did a little more work to get it to sit flatter.. the first pic the mirror still had the factory style foam/insulation on it which made it stick out more, and then i noticed i had to step my hole size up for the bottom holes because the nubs after trimming the studs down wasn't going threw.

Jason Callis Jr

Reaction score
Where did you get the rubber to cover up the welds I just got 08 mirrors to put on my 95 f350 dually