“The 6.9” project thread

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it's any consolation, we have those idiots here in NY too. I drive for a living and I see some stupid stuff.

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dang that sucks, she just got that truck. Hope she wasn`t hurt.

Everyone is in a big hurry going no where, it`s all about "me" attitude. Too many people stacked on top of ea other, only going to get worse.

Goat
Yup. Guy didn’t even care.

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess rangers of that year have a 2 piece frame that’s riveted together at the leaf spring hanger. You can swap the sections by drilling the rivets. I wonder if Emily knows how to use and air hammer…. I might not be romantic but I didn’t spend all of highschool with a wrench in my hand for nothing.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I guess rangers of that year have a 2 piece frame that’s riveted together at the leaf spring hanger. You can swap the sections by drilling the rivets. I wonder if Emily knows how to use and air hammer…. I might not be romantic but I didn’t spend all of highschool with a wrench in my hand for nothing.
Now before you get all carried away, make the other driver's insurance pay for it!

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Train them when they are young before they get Brain washed by their GF`s that getting greasy isn`t a girl thing.

When we got Married she was 38 and already ruined....
But has worked ok the past 36 yrs. She will give me a hand when needed. :hail

Goat

Last edited:

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now before you get all carried away, make the other driver's insurance pay for it!
Oh yeah. So his insurance is already trying to not pay for ****. So she’s going for a settlement and are going to keep the truck with a clean title. HOPEFULLY that’s how it goes down. I mean he was in fault in about 200 different ways and the cops even said it so.

asmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude Insurance companies are the **** of the earth. You pay them month after month for years, and then when it is finally time for them to hold up their end of the bargain they try everything under the sun to get out from it.
I was rear ended in my first IDI, the '94 in my sig. on the freeway. Traffic came to a stop suddenly. the guy behind me didn't stop in time. he hit me so hard it shoved my entire truck up onto the flatbed trailer in front of me. the only thing that kept me from going into the truck pulling the trailer was the giant sack of grain on the trailer. the impact knocked me out for a few seconds and when I opened my eyes I was staring at the ceiling of my truck because the back of my seat was broken. I ended up having to sue the guys insurance to pay my medical bills for physical therapy for my neck and to cover my truck. They wanted to give me $5000 for everything. luckily we had savings so we could cover the stuff out of pocket and fight them. just medical ended up being almost $10,000.
Dont get me started on health insurance. I have never had a good experience when it comes time for them to pay what they are legally obligated to pay.

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude Insurance companies are the **** of the earth. You pay them month after month for years, and then when it is finally time for them to hold up their end of the bargain they try everything under the sun to get out from it.
I was rear ended in my first IDI, the '94 in my sig. on the freeway. Traffic came to a stop suddenly. the guy behind me didn't stop in time. he hit me so hard it shoved my entire truck up onto the flatbed trailer in front of me. the only thing that kept me from going into the truck pulling the trailer was the giant sack of grain on the trailer. the impact knocked me out for a few seconds and when I opened my eyes I was staring at the ceiling of my truck because the back of my seat was broken. I ended up having to sue the guys insurance to pay my medical bills for physical therapy for my neck and to cover my truck. They wanted to give me $5000 for everything. luckily we had savings so we could cover the stuff out of pocket and fight them. just medical ended up being almost $10,000.
Dont get me started on health insurance. I have never had a good experience when it comes time for them to pay what they are legally obligated to pay.
Yeah man, I’m sorry about all that. I don’t trust any insurance as far as I could throw them. Although mine has been helpful, I’ve never actually needed them for anything big.

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might be a little much but I deleted some of my post and the pictures of her ranger just in case. It’s not going too well with insurance so who knows what will happen

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The body shop she took it to quoted 14k to fix it. I’m not a genius but that’s insane to me. I asked them if it’s bent in front of the spring hangers and they said they are not sure. Seems fishy. Supposed to be her family friend. I question everything, I think they don’t want to fix it.

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Question everything, and demand to see it. You're (or her I should say) are entitled to know what's going on with their vehicle. Hate to say it but I used to work in the auto collision repair industry, and women get taken advantage of because shops think they don't know better.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online