“The 6.9” project thread

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's inevitable.....

If I had a better welder, I could improve. But Northern Tool Brand only allows you to be subpar. My lawnmower deck welding is improving.

The thing is, anyone can patch but it really takes a mind to fabricate. Even if you designed it and had someone else make it. My point was the actual design of the thing is good.
Aw thanks man. I sat there for 30 minutes cutting cardboard to visualize it LOL

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well hopefully this is my last weekend with the beetle. I found a cheap little ranger I’ll hopefully buy tomorrow. Will I miss this car? Sorta. It smells like crayons but it’s indestructible. It does good on gas but I can’t haul anything. 4th gear is gone, and I have no idea where the coolant is LOL.

Attachments

• 9BE0B3D8-C838-4850-A63B-6774A7E04B74.jpeg
    9BE0B3D8-C838-4850-A63B-6774A7E04B74.jpeg
    245 KB · Views: 5

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well hopefully this is my last weekend with the beetle. I found a cheap little ranger I’ll hopefully buy tomorrow. Will I miss this car? Sorta. It smells like crayons but it’s indestructible. It does good on gas but I can’t haul anything. 4th gear is gone, and I have no idea where the coolant is LOL.
I can almost relate to that, kinda...... and boy I mean KINDA. This should be my last weekend driving the bronco. It's really fun to drive but I can't stand paying for gas. It's an AOD, and I miss shifting gears in the dually. I should hear back from the insurance company this week and have insurance finalized on the tow truck and it's brake parts will be here Wednesday. My plan is to take pictures and start the official tow truck thread then.

Consider blowing the beetle up as part of an action packed IDI truck video!

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can almost relate to that, kinda...... and boy I mean KINDA. This should be my last weekend driving the bronco. It's really fun to drive but I can't stand paying for gas. It's an AOD, and I miss shifting gears in the dually. I should hear back from the insurance company this week and have insurance finalized on the tow truck and it's brake parts will be here Wednesday. My plan is to take pictures and start the official tow truck thread then.

Consider blowing the beetle up as part of an action packed IDI truck video!
So I honestly really want to jump it again or blow it up, but truthfully it runs good. Tranny is weird. But there are some guys at my work that need a car, and I think 500$ or so is a good price for something to drive to work. If they don’t want it though then I’m jumping it for sure

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I honestly really want to jump it again or blow it up, but truthfully it runs good. Tranny is weird. But there are some guys at my work that need a car, and I think 500$ or so is a good price for something to drive to work. If they don’t want it though then I’m jumping it for sure
Good call, that'll feed your diesels fuel tank for a week or so. According to my wife, I can't take any less than $15K for the bronco. She really likes her old bronco.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've always been told, growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.
I've got a bunch of kids, so I have to grow up. But I've learned how to make "my vocation my vacation". So I enjoy what I do. Like today, on my route, I stumbled up on an old Case backhoe.......in 5gal buckets, for cheap. I've bought a couple tractors in buckets, but a backhoe? That's like a puzzle with a missing box!

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here’s my one terrible night time photo. My 2500$ ranger. One owner, I love old trucks. The guy was really embarrassed that he was so emotional about selling it and I totally understand the connection to these things. It was his first brand new vehicle and he built his whole family with it.

Attachments

• 5184964C-3016-4418-895B-189C0CE94796.jpeg
    5184964C-3016-4418-895B-189C0CE94796.jpeg
    185.1 KB · Views: 14

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Overall, not too bad looking.
It has 289k miles. Stock engine, but a new transmission and clutch about a year ago and he said he had the front end rebuilt and had the shop go through the driveshaft and service the rear end. So it has a bunch of miles but I was less concerned about paying over 2k because I know it’s got a lot of the good stuff. Plus this thing runs fantastic, I drove it an hour home through the mountains. It was 100 and never got hot. If the 4.0 goes they’re plentiful and cheap.

NeverHave-I-Ether

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tell me more about this beetleLOL

Never-Have-I-Ether

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tottripp

Members online