“The 6.9” project thread

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well today I finished all the wiring for the engine and toggle switches and they all work. Moved the truck around and it’s weird having a nice clutch pedal and brake pedal now. I’m excited to run it around.

So here’s the stupid part. I haven’t checked the oil in a long time, I’m due for a change soon, and I had a big valve cover leak (never added any oil Because I planned to change it that weekend and wasn’t driving it). So I totally forgot about that. Started the truck and it idled fine for a minute and then the lifters started the thump. I immediately turned it off and checked the oil. Just about started to cry. Filled it up and it’s fine. No bad noises and oil pressure is great. These engines are extremely tough.

Attachments

• 0FD2C826-1349-409F-8E55-BBD2D9AC9CEA.png
    0FD2C826-1349-409F-8E55-BBD2D9AC9CEA.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 6

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Well there's your lesson to keep an eye on the oil level. After all the work you did on that engine, I hope you will fix that valve cover leak so you don't have to check the oil level as often.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep I went over yesterday to drive Tank around the block. Between my buddy running it and it sitting for the last two months it took about 2-3qts to get the level right (yes it has several leaks). I'm not exactly sure, because I didn't have a funnel so I decided to "rustproof" the front half of the engine with about 1/2qt LOL

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well there's your lesson to keep an eye on the oil level. After all the work you did on that engine, I hope you will fix that valve cover leak so you don't have to check the oil level as often.
Oh yeah that was one of the first things I fixed a few weeks ago

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I got led bulbs all around for my truck. The blinker bulbs are actually switchbacks so they are white when the headlights are on and then flash amber. Only issue is that A, they don’t flash, and B, they draw power still but other than that they look cool. I’ll have that fixed soon. I guess I should just drive my truck instead of tinkering on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle