“The 6.9” project thread

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Laine,

Do not forget the IP advance solenoid. When your truck is cold, that advances the timing on the IP pump. This is what makes our trucks really clatter for a little bit when cold.

The same circuit powers the high throttle solenoid holding the throttle a little more open and causing an increase in rpm. (Maybe not in 10* weather after sitting all night but it would at least cause it to idle at the normal speed.)

As mentioned the coolant temp sensor (Think on/off switch.) allows +12v power say to pass through between terminals and go to the solenoids when the engine is say less than 120 degrees to the advance and idle solenoids. As the engine warms up the sensor cuts off the power.

Now don’t go getting all crazy and put in a timed switch for those solenoids. Just use the sensor. If you do all the members will have to follow you and then the bickering will start about how long my timer is vs long your timer is.(Pun intended) :cheers:

Looking good!
You might think I’m a dummy but I’ve never had a cold advance on my truck LOL. When I first got it it never even worked so I just took the wire out when the glow plug harness melted. So I have a toggle switch for the high idle in the cab and honestly I really like it because I can set it on high idle if it’s idling for a long time charging something. Or when I’m doing stuff In the rain and my lady is cold LOL

Big Bart

Tow&Slow
Reaction score
Here we go, thread after thread, how do I do a manual fast idle switch?

See what you did! ;)

We may have to limit your access to just diesel VW beetles going forward.

BTW dummies can’t fix diesels, so your no dummy.

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here we go, thread after thread, how do I do a manual fast idle switch?

See what you did! ;)

We may have to limit your access to just diesel VW beetles going forward.

BTW dummies can’t fix diesels, so your no dummy.
hey I sure wish my vw was a diesel! It’s the little 4 banger gas engine. I can only dream of the 40 mpg I hear about

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CAREFUL! You're not as wise now. Watch out for mistakes.:joker:
Mommy won’t let me out of the house, something about not wanting to pay for more dentist work if I mess it up…. What’s that all about LOL

The not eating thing is kinda what’s getting me, I probably should’ve tapered it off a bit but the night before I had a massive pizza and a bunch of ice cream so I woke up hungry as hell and there’s no amount of Peanut butter smoothie that can help me there LOL

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today I just screwed around in my garage. I punched those little blue lenses that go in front of the gauge cluster bulbs so the white led’s would be more pretty.

Then I cleaned the carb on my chainsaw. Had a lot of gunk in it. While I was doing that the fuel like disintegrated into a billion pieces.

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You guys will like this. I broke the radiator on my beetle again! LOL I was turning around and didn’t see a rock and it just punched a hole in it. Off to pick n pull I go! As long as the motor isn’t hurt I should be good by tomorrow morning

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online