Woohoo!!

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As of this post, the M-B forum is no longer trailing every other board on OB. :D

Mercedes: 18 threads, 113 posts (before this one)

6.2l GM Diesels: 12 threads, 113 posts

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a little biased.......that's like apples to oranges....if you are comparing MBZ tech, then GM6.2/6.5 info should be viewed as a combination for fairness sake :D

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know...it was just the bragging rights factor ;)

In all seriousness, it's good to see this board starting to see some traffic beyond people just putzing around...I know the chance of this board ever being able to rival some of the other M-B sources online are slim, but it'd be nice to see it trying to be a contender :) I figure, the more info is available, the more people will take a look, possibly resulting in a higher membership base. This would be a good thing :)

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Warden said:
I know...it was just the bragging rights factor ;)

;Sweet ;Sweet Keep the cobwebs dusted out of this place, way to go guys!!!

I know there isnt a ton of traffic down here, technicaly below the basement of IDI land, but it is reassuring to know that a few of you guys do have some valuable knowledge on these krautkans and are willing to help out folks who may have questions or concerns..... keep it up guys! :thumbsup:

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Man didn't realize that this part of the website still worked. I thought you boys down here forgot to pay the light bill and just walked off... Amazing - just simply amazing... Well I'm going back over to the pasture to let the goat roam free...

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man didn't realize that this part of the website still worked. I thought you boys down here forgot to pay the light bill and just walked off... Amazing - just simply amazing... Well I'm going back over to the pasture to let the goat roam free...

hey goat diddler-
don't forget that thanks to Bob Lutz, you are now a ***** by insertion :rotflmao :eek: :rotflmao :eek: :rotflmao

Last edited:

Full Monte

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, that's great! It seems like I'm getting great service having a couple experts answer all my newbie MBZ questions. Actually, I used to own a 1961 MBZ 220sb gasser many years ago. At the time, the stealership was the only place I knew to buy parts. When they told me it would cost $440 for a generator and $400 for a replacement clock, I decided to sell the car. Now that there are a lot more choices, it doesn't seem as bad to fix a mercedes.

michigandon

Reaction score
Full Monte said:
Actually, I used to own a 1961 MBZ 220sb gasser many years ago. At the time, the stealership was the only place I knew to buy parts. When they told me it would cost $440 for a generator and $400 for a replacement clock, I decided to sell the car. Now that there are a lot more choices, it doesn't seem as bad to fix a mercedes.

I just bought an '82 240D 4-speed. ;Sweet Unfortunately the car has severe frame rot and is nearing the point of being unsafe to drive. I plan on parting it out and using the engine to repower my M38a1 Jeep. Too bad too, as thing drives like a dream. I really think I would like to acquire a '60s fintail diesel in the near future.

Don

Full Monte

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don,

I'm glad I live where cars don't rot from road salt. In fact, when I look at a car here, it never even crosses my mind to look for frame rust. Of course, there are a lot of disadvantages to living in California, like dumb rules and regulations. :idiot: That 220sb I owned was a fin-tail, 4 speed column shift, vertical bar speedo, twin two-barrel carbs on a 6 cylinder engine.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
michigandon said:
I just bought an '82 240D 4-speed. ;Sweet Unfortunately the car has severe frame rot and is nearing the point of being unsafe to drive. I plan on parting it out and using the engine to repower my M38a1 Jeep. Too bad too, as thing drives like a dream. I really think I would like to acquire a '60s fintail diesel in the near future.
Too bad you aren't closer to CA...if the body panels were in decent shape, I could make use of them ;) I've never driven a fintail. but from what I've heard, the 240D will look like a NASCAR contender by comparison :D

BTW, we need 19 more threads and 309 more posts to be ahead of the combined 6.2l and 6.5l sections ;Sweet

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance