Will gas exshuast work with diesel

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There should be no reason why not. There will be mods made at the exhaust manifold outlet to exhaust pipe needed to be made, but other than that, nothing else. But outside of the pre-EFI fed smog 460 chassis(factory 2.5" dualls), I can't think of a reason why you would want to go through all that grief to graft onto a diesel.

ramon f350

Reaction score
:rotflmao :rotflmao that is too funny cowboy

it just seems like alot of work to mate them up when you could just move up to 3" pipe and have alot better system

Ramon

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Smokey,
You can have an exhaust shop bend something up for ya pretty reasonable.
Frank (Soulpatchf) has a pretty cool side true dual dumpout setup on his rig just loud as he#!.....NO MUFFLERS. :eek:
When I had the exhaust done on the Beef, the muffler that was on there was pretty filled up with crud and was pretty restrictive according to my muffler guy. :puke:
He said that it was a gasser muffler and wasn't providing good flow for the diesel and suggested something less restrictive. "glass pack" :D
Sounded good for awhile, but then swapped it over to Goldie when I got her and put on a Dynomax Pro-Flow and dang, sounds like a tweaked up big block gasser when standing on it. :D :D :D
Something like that would work good for ya cause the Dynomax muffler is just under 2' in length. Of course there are other performance brands like Gibson, and Flowmaster but to each their own in choice.....All are good, but I went with the Dynomax given the better flow rates they are advertising. cookoo

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
YEOLDSMOKEY said:
becouse i want a side exit exshuast

You mean like this?

Legal notice: No factory gasoline engine exhaust parts were harmed during the making of this dual side exit diesel exhaust system.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance