Performance Clutch kit that will work with OE Flywheel?

Lumberjackchuck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know of a clutch kit that will be okay for 300hp and will work with the OE flywheel on my 93 IDIT? I had the flywheel resurfaced but after checking with Southbend they say there clutch won't work on the OE flywheel.

u2slow

bilge rat
Reaction score
You had the dual-mass flywheel resurfaced?

Somebody on here said they had a flywheel redrilled to take something bigger than the 11"...

captain720

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I currently have a 12 in flywheel on order for my 6.9 single mass, I will update how that goes.

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know of a clutch kit that will be okay for 300hp and will work with the OE flywheel on my 93 IDIT? I had the flywheel resurfaced but after checking with Southbend they say there clutch won't work on the OE flywheel.
They would have had to take the OE flywheel apart to resurface it. Are you sure you have the OE flywheel? Most are worn out by now. They wear with the clutch and when the clutch is wore out, the flywheel is wore out also and needs to be replaced.

There may be more going on here than you realize. I didn't know about the dual mass flywheel till I took my donor truck apart.

Lumberjackchuck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They would have had to take the OE flywheel apart to resurface it. Are you sure you have the OE flywheel? Most are worn out by now. They wear with the clutch and when the clutch is wore out, the flywheel is wore out also and needs to be replaced.

There may be more going on here than you realize. I didn't know about the dual mass flywheel till I took my donor truck apart.
You are right. I just assumed it was the OE flywheel on the truck, but then again it's 30 yrs old. It's a solid mass flywheel and the clutch I pulled off said 'South Bend' on it lol. Still needs to be replaced, its down to the rivets and no friction material left hardly.

I didn't realize the OE flywheel was Dual Mass.

03wr250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would suggest a south bend 13" clutch for a true 300 whp

Meaning at least a 110cc and bigger than stock turbo