Why we stress using Motocraft glow plugs

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
Heath... There are a lot of us that would like to help Ron get his tip out... My GMM hand modeling experiance may be of some help but the distance and the cold are too much for these special hands. I can't reach out and touch Ron easily... We did have about an hour talk last week about this and other things... Nothing too touchy to discuss here...:angel:

I ain't helping Ron get his tip out of anything..

And why do you want to touch Ron, that's creepy too.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
LOL way to put this one into the weeds! :DYeah Gary was good talking as always. :)

Well after sucking, blowing and filtering on the cylinder holes Saturday, the tip is no where to be found. I pulled the turbo to see how bad the hot wheel looked and was surprised to see the fins were unmolested! ***??
Feeling like crap, I just threw it back together and decided to just run it till I get another engine freshened up and swap it out. With the front two cylinders reading 380 psi on comp test and everything else reading 400-440, it's got ring issues and gonna need more that a head pull. The engine did develop a valve train knock after it gets to operating temp but is gonna have to last until I get another engine in.
It's screwed and I screwed up. So no sense in fighting this lost battle.

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Have you thought about removing the turbo and running it N/A for a while, I,m sure you have a y pipe and N/A air filter around. If something becomes dislodged............

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Ron. Hand cranking the engine thru a couple to full revs will tell you if anything is stuck in the piston or floating around in there. Did you get the turbo off yet to have a look at the hot wheel...

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Gary I ran it around prolly 8 times just for piece of mind and no resistance.
With the way this engine was consuming oil before, it's due to come out. Letting it sit for 10 years hasn't proved to be good for it.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Well The idi gods work in funny ways Ron... Something tells me this was no accident. With compression reading like that its sure time to make it right... You wont see much if any damage to the piston top. Its not likely the top ring will be crushed down from the pounding but ya never know... Run it till something "developes"...:sly

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online

No members online now.