"White Lightning" Is Up For Sale

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Yepper, Diesel Excursions ROCK!!!!!!! I love mine, it is the best family car that I have ever owned. we have 7 people in our family and they all have plenty of room, on is still in a car seat!!!! Good fuel economy, I get 13-15 in town as a DD and push 20 on a constant interstate run..... and they are not to bad to park, or I am just used to driving it.....

Ottoparts

Whoa, that was fun!
Reaction score
Ouch! I feel as I just got beat up and this thread is not about me. I bought a 2000 CC brand new and it had the V10. I had no problems with it. Towed everything I need it too. The only reason I don't still have it is a little word called "divorce".
Granted I had never owned an IDI before that. I freely admit I would be really hard pressed to get rid of my IDI. It's just too cool.

DragRag

Reaction score
I had a V10 Excursion. Didn't have any mechanical issue, but the mpg's were terrible. Glad I sold it a long time ago, the resale on those things have tanked.

royzell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A kid who did some work for me had a V-10 Ford pick-up, lifted, big tires and I don't know what other mods. He said he got 2.5 mpg

k_williams1982

'01 Excursion 4x4
Reaction score
I ended up buying it, only to see a '01 F350 CC with the 7.3 sitting on the same lot 2 days later ... -cuss. I get about 9.8 - 10.2 mpg in town (that's on the throttle a little too ... :D). On my first trip to Bend with it, I got 12.7 mpg highway. Found out the air filter was dirty, so I replaced it and got 15 mpg highway on the way back. I pulled a dump trailer that had 1,900 pounds of trash in it with no problems (trailer alone weighed 2,200, so total weight was 4,100 pounds). I miss the ol' IDI and will get another one sooner or later, but the Excursion drives very nicely and can handle the 75+ mph a lot better.

DragRag

Reaction score
I don't miss my V10 at all. It was reliable, but I got tired of the fuel bill. I was never able to get 15 in mine with the best scenario, you must have a good one. I liked your crew cab, but couldn't buy it with the TTB in it.

timothyr1014

Full Access Member
Reaction score
we had a v10 in one of our class a motorhomes...typically grossing close to 30k, and a total brick in the wind....sold it at 95k miles, and it was still running decent. For a gas motor I was impressed, but after going to diesel there is just no comparison