Where to mount electric pump

johneich

John, 1983 F250
Reaction score
I didn't read the entire thread so if this has been said I'm sorry.

Mounting the pump high is a bad idea for one reason. These trucks have problems with air getting into the fuel system allowing the fuel to drain back to the tank.

Not necessarily, The Carrier pump has a check valve in it, in its intended application at the top front of a refer trailer it can not allow diesel to flow all the way back to the belly tank under the trailer.

jmac212

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a little personal experience with my Facet/Duralift pump. It will function for at least 12 miles as a flow through pump if your fuel system is not drawing air. My pump is on a switch, not ignition key on, and my wife took the truck to Tractor Supply and back without my knowledge prior to me telling her about the switch. She didn't know to turn it on, but she reported no problems on her trip. As far as mounting, my pump is on a bracket I made that is welded to the fuel filter header. The glass bowl is always full whether at idle, hand accelerated or off. I do not have a fuel pressure gauge in the system, but I have not experienced any problems with lack of fuel and have been running it for just shy of 2000 miles of varied driving. I am happy with the pump as of this writing, but again, my own .02.

CaptTom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a little personal experience with my Facet/Duralift pump. It will function for at least 12 miles as a flow through pump if your fuel system is not drawing air. My pump is on a switch, not ignition key on, and my wife took the truck to Tractor Supply and back without my knowledge prior to me telling her about the switch. She didn't know to turn it on, but she reported no problems on her trip. As far as mounting, my pump is on a bracket I made that is welded to the fuel filter header. The glass bowl is always full whether at idle, hand accelerated or off. I do not have a fuel pressure gauge in the system, but I have not experienced any problems with lack of fuel and have been running it for just shy of 2000 miles of varied driving. I am happy with the pump as of this writing, but again, my own .02.

Good to know stuff.

Was any of wifey's commute freeway driving? All city/country? Speeds over 30mph?

Since you're already set up as flow through, it would be kewl to know how it works in higher speeds..... of course, wouldn't want you to damage anything in case high flow restrictions caused a dry IP.

Even the check valve causes restriction, not just the pumping system itself.

drewdole1

Reaction score
ok so i guess i need to get this duro lift pump and install on frame rail i have only one tank so anywhere on frame rail i install it, and i keep the stock lift pump hooked up too right??? where do i buy this duro lift pump???? im tierd of worrying about air intrusion. im not leaking diesel but must b sucking a little air n some where . thanks boys

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
ok so i guess i need to get this duro lift pump and install on frame rail i have only one tank so anywhere on frame rail i install it, and i keep the stock lift pump hooked up too right??? where do i buy this duro lift pump???? im tierd of worrying about air intrusion. im not leaking diesel but must b sucking a little air n some where . thanks boys

I'll send you a message with all the info if you turn on your ***.

drewdole1

Reaction score
i ll try to get my pm s on ,yes i guess i want to order this pump, and i c mount under the hood and bypass the stock 20 dollar lift pump. prabably b a week before i can order though.