Where do I go?

janos1

That's gonna hurt
Reaction score
I would like to get my motor timed correctly but I am not able to go to the rally up in cold country to do it. Do I have to go to the dealer or are there other options?

Smokey73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for about a hundred bucks you can get a timing adapter and do it yourself. I bought a Ferret and it has since paid for itself.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
If I'm not wrong a member here (DieselJD) has the means to time this IP maybe He'll chime in and confirm.
Btw He's in FL.

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, jd timed mine not to long ago, Ill give him a call tomorrow and see if he's seen this post.

It is a little bit of a drive, about 2 hours from my place in Deltona and should be around the same from his place. Were planning on getting together at my place one of these days for when I swap ip's out on my truck. Maybe it would be a good time for a get together.

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While I was trying to sleep last night, I remembered that 77f250diesel lives over in New Port Richey about 20 miles from you. I dont have his number but shoot him a pm. Before my last motor died I was planning on going over there to have my truck timed, just never made it due to no compression.

janos1

That's gonna hurt
Reaction score
When I put the IP back in I backed out the timing a couple degrees just to be on the safe side. Better that it's lazy than possibly hurting something.

I was starting to think that I was the only one on OB that lived in FL.

Hmmph. Guess not;Sweet

I'll give him a yell to see if he can do it. Thanks

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope, not the only one. There are a few of us, were kinda spread out all over the state so it can be a bit hard to get together if you dont travel much.

janos1

That's gonna hurt
Reaction score
Nope, not the only one. There are a few of us, were kinda spread out all over the state so it can be a bit hard to get together if you dont travel much.

I've been wanting to take her out for a road trip. Prolly going to end up camping in the Ocala NF.

dakotajeep

Patrolling
Reaction score
Yeah, I need the same help in KS.....just might have to buy the tools!!!

Thad