What's up with the censoring

quickster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since when did they censor the "bad words" in posts? Something new? Or can I change that in settings somewhere. Off topic, but that **** is truly annoying.

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Um
Ok
Lets test
**** **** damn hell crap chitt
Never noticed it...
I do miss the refinery.

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whellll he!z
Yer right we just got a reboot recently, bet it's the new software \server\puter robot be ess

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep, it was mentioned in another thread

Sorry about some of the words that were censored. I had added in a 800+ word list and of course some shouldn't have been on there. I have removed most that shouldn't be censored. If find anymore, let me know.

I understand completely, but on an automotive forum it's kind of difficult trying to read a post that someone's engine b l e w because they didn't have the adjustment s c r e w set correctly. Makes it hard to understand some of the posts on here.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the PC police are after him, that's why the refinery went away....

quickster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unbelievable. The effin wokies and PC police are effin everywhere. What a load of chit. You'd think maybe they would ask us first, or be able to control that in settings if we were "offended" What a ****** load of ****. I'm an adult and can choose what I want to write or read. I don't want someone else making decisions for me.

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
chillman88 said:

I understand completely, but on an automotive forum it's kind of difficult trying to read a post that someone's engine b l e w because they didn't have the adjustment s c r e w set correctly. Makes it hard to understand some of the posts on here.

Absolutely with @chillman88 on this one.

Please free up at least the common words.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
As said in the other threads, there was an 800+ word list added, and there are words that should have not been included. We are trying to fix it as we find them. If we do not notice them, please drop them in here, so we can remove them from the list.

Also, as said in other threads, the "complaints" about things on the site, were from the advertisers. This is why some of the changes have come about. The advertisers on this forum are part of what makes it possible to be here. So, @Shaggy does hove to be responsive to their input. No sponsors, no revenue to keep the lights on.......

quickster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is an automotive/truck help site. I think the sponsors know who they are catering to. I don't buy that make the sponsors happy bs. Just appeasing the PC/woke police.

Kizer

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is an automotive/truck help site. I think the sponsors know who they are catering to. I don't buy that make the sponsors happy bs. Just appeasing the PC/woke police.
Maybe the Mods. should tell us:
What's it take (in terms of $) to keep this "beast" alive, WITHOUT CENSORING?
They might find the funding "at home".

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You guys ' Just be glad virtualscope aint involved...

Kizer

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
be glad virtualscope aint involved...
I wasn't aware of this this type thing...just read about it (thanks to you) and you're 100% correct.
I should be glad that it isn't worse ... I hope that "we" can keep BS (including PC BS) out of here.
So far, this has been the most "laid back" forum I've found (thank you Mods.). From my perspective, you can't be "laid back" AND PC.
Choose one and run with it.

Last edited:

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds similar to the "Youtube Ad-pocalypse" a while back. A large number of non-mainstream video content creators got de-monetized or simply booted from the platform. This was all done under the claim of "not advertiser friendly". Keep in mind that Google (like most big-tech) still makes most of their money by selling your personal information to advertisers in a virtual monopoly, so it's not small change we're talking about.

I'm sorry to see similar strong-arm tactics being used on forums now as well. I'm not upset at the mods or owner of this forum, because it's happening to everyone on the web as censorship spreads.

At the end of the day, it's still a privately owned platform and big-tech has shown itself to be surprisingly intolerant to outside views. Terms of service can be arbitrarily changed for any reason and we all agree to these terms without much consideration of what it really means.

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As said in the other threads, there was an 800+ word list added, and there are words that should have not been included. We are trying to fix it as we find them. If we do not notice them, please drop them in here, so we can remove them from the list.

Also, as said in other threads, the "complaints" about things on the site, were from the advertisers. This is why some of the changes have come about. The advertisers on this forum are part of what makes it possible to be here. So, @Shaggy does hove to be responsive to their input. No sponsors, no revenue to keep the lights on.......
@snicklas Would it be possible for me to get a copy of that list of 800 words?

I could go through the list, and make a list of the words that are 'common' to the vocabulary of someone working on our rigs, and not likely to be used as actual cusswords...

Like for instance screw and blow. (Which seem to have already been removed from th list.)