Whats a Turbo IP worth?

Dieselguy123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I picked up a turbo IP From a 93, Was told it was working when removed, But since I have not seen it work I would consider it a rebuildable Core.

Cincinnati Guy

Reaction score
Without knowing for a fact it works and have proof of it working, its only valuable as a core. Im not really sure though the difference of a non turbo and a turbo injector pump. can someone shed some light on that?

429idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got 200.00 for mine last week, same story, didn't know if it ran. Turbo pumps are 5069 or 5070 numbers. They are supposed to have different fueling curves. The 5069 is supposed to be better since it is from the automatic. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
difference in turbo and non

Non turbo pump maxxed i made 20psi of smoke free boost

Turbo pump maxxed i made 28psi rolling a big cloud of coal

93_444idi

first on race day
Reaction score
are you sure thats not just a difference between an '86 6.9 pump and a late 7.3 pump? i mean, you pulled your 7.3 turbo pump off a turbo truck obviously, but maybe the non-turbo trucks of the same year (93 and 94) are the same?

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Worth a lot more after you send them to DPS or Mel, they are the preferred cores for DPS turbo cal and Moose pumps, much less tweaking needs to be done. Supposedly they do have a different timing and fueling curve than a regular DB2 from the factory. What would I pay for it, core value for a turbo pump, whatever that is.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
are you sure thats not just a difference between an '86 6.9 pump and a late 7.3 pump? i mean, you pulled your 7.3 turbo pump off a turbo truck obviously, but maybe the non-turbo trucks of the same year (93 and 94) are the same?

The non turbo pump i have no idea about anything about what year it was but i do know it was rebuilt about 60,000 ago, but it had started leaking fuel so it was probly slightly worn, the turbo pump is unknown as well bought from a member turned out to be really good, it was rebult by some company in michigan and its bad ass

MidnightBlade

Shiftin' Smooth
Reaction score
Worth a lot more after you send them to DPS or Mel, they are the preferred cores for DPS turbo cal and Moose pumps, much less tweaking needs to be done. Supposedly they do have a different timing and fueling curve than a regular DB2 from the factory. What would I pay for it, core value for a turbo pump, whatever that is.

if id do that id pull the pump out of my truck and install the moose ;Sweet
at least you know the one from your truck works

Black dawg

Reaction score
difference in turbo and non

Non turbo pump maxxed i made 20psi of smoke free boost

Turbo pump maxxed i made 28psi rolling a big cloud of coal

6.9 pump =db2829 db2plungers 8cyl .290 plungers
7.3 pump =db2831 .310 plungers

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah the 7.3 pumps move a bit more fuel, no doubt about that. I insisted on the 7.3 spec pump on mine when I had added the turbo and gauges and unexpectedly needed a new IP even though I had to pay extra to scrounge a like core here on OB (thanks Towcat) for pretty reasonable. I was this close to buying a DPS pump but I wasn't quite sure I could trust Ken to get on it in a timely fashion and I couldn't wait for a Moose Pump so I did the best I could stock wise. At that time I thought the turbo pump would be a waste unless I also bought G code injectors but it appears to work fine with BB codes, and probably DPS gushers and Moose Misters as well as the G codes. I still think the timing and fueling curves are slightly different with the factory turbo pumps, just not sure how noticeable that difference is.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Yeah the 7.3 pumps move a bit more fuel, no doubt about that. I insisted on the 7.3 spec pump on mine when I had added the turbo and gauges and unexpectedly needed a new IP even though I had to pay extra to scrounge a like core here on OB (thanks Towcat) for pretty reasonable. I was this close to buying a DPS pump but I wasn't quite sure I could trust Ken to get on it in a timely fashion and I couldn't wait for a Moose Pump so I did the best I could stock wise. At that time I thought the turbo pump would be a waste unless I also bought G code injectors but it appears to work fine with BB codes, and probably DPS gushers and Moose Misters as well as the G codes. I still think the timing and fueling curves are slightly different with the factory turbo pumps, just not sure how noticeable that difference is.

My BB codes pop off at 2300 psi, not sure if that helps or hurst tho but its something different

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online