What all to include

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To anyone who has done a used oil analysis with Blackstone labs, how much info did you try and give them?

Should I include that I'm using a fleetgaurd 3974 stratapore filter instead of a 1995? Mention the bypass filter and type I'm running? Mention that the engine had new rings at 80k?

Or just fill only the miles and type of oil and required fields?

I don't want to skew the results they give me cause I'm just doing it as a general health check and to see if my oil held up ok for 7k miles with my filter combos.

pafixitman

Reaction score
I always just gave them the basic facts. I don't think they track any of that on their side. They more or less come back and say your results are ...

lude and rude

Reaction score
same... i just gave basic info. that way you can take the information they give you and run with it. on mine i couldnt get the oil when warm so that was mentioned.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Depends on what you're looking for. If you're just wanting to know if you can continue to use your current oil for more mileage, then just the basics. But, if you are changing it regardless and what to know the general "health" of you IDI, tell them the details you mentioned. Fresh engine parts wear (and thus deposit certain things in the oil) differently than well broken in parts. What is "normal" or "acceptable" will be different based on what state your engine (engine parts) are in. I don't know if I'm explaining it well, but, it makes sense to me. LOL

Anyway, It certainly wouldn't hurt anything to give them more info.

Heath

Last edited: