Went to "Pull a Part" today, picked up a "free" Hydroboost

Bill-W

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was over at Pull a Part East down here in HOTLANTA :fan: today getting some parts for the wife's minivan :puke: and noticed they had 3 1992 F450SD on the lot from a local blasting company. The beds were stripped off and they were fairly well picked over including 2 had the engines removed, the third was a Jasper "OE" rebuild and was pretty will stripped, figured I would stay away from that one. Then I noticed all 3 had the hydroboost still intact. 45 minutes + 2 gallons of sweat later and I had all of the parts out. Booster unit, all 3 lines and the entire pedal assembly. Of course the first unit I pulled had been leaking inside the cab so I got to pull a second one as I did not want to get it all installed on my truck and have it crap out on me.

Expecting to have to hand over 1 greasy arm and a sweaty leg to the cashier when I checked out, I was shocked the entire bill came to $32.41;sweet

$10.78 for the booster
$9.81 for the pedal
$3.73 for the PS reservoir with the correct fittings
$4.24 for the minivan part which is $62 New
$1.85 environmental charge ??????
$2.00 tax

They did not charge me anything for the lines, they usually don't if you leave them attached worked 3 times for me already.

So I figure I got a free hydroboost today, including a BBQ lunch at the van in the parking lot, as I did not have to buy the minivan part retail:thumbsup:

You must be registered for see images attach

I also noticed when I was there that the rear plastic fuel tank was freaking huge compared to mine, 35-40 gallons maybe. Does anyone know if it will fit into where my rear one on the F250 sits? I am thinking it would solve a lot of the problems trying to use a Bronco tank as a retrofit. Also I should have grabbed the filler necks and they are would fit a full size nozzle, oh well maybe next time.

I was also thinking of grabbing the springs as they would net probably a 4" lift or so but I think it would screw up the TTB fairly bad and I can't find a solid axle I can afford right now, so I think I will wait. But would they bolt right in or would I have to do some cutting and welding for them? seems like the hanger brackets on the rear were huge compared to mine.

Anyways if anyone in interested there still is 2 units left there, one is already pulled for you but I would be suspect of it as it was leaking and a few assorted lines, no hydro reservoirs though. They also still had the Jasper rebuild and I noticed a 6.9 sitting there also but I am unsure of how long.

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
how much would u charge me to pull another hydro unit and ship it too me..ill pay for the shipping and unit of course..i cant find one anywhere around here..let me know thanks

mike3dpro

T-rex 700E
Reaction score
Good deal! All the junkyards around here **** you big time...I bet that stuff would have cost well over $100 over here. IDK if theres any discount thats dependant on which type of person you are going on here if you know what I mean, but I bet there is. No way most of these people could afford how much they chrarge me for stuff...

Bill-W

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how much would u charge me to pull another hydro unit and ship it too me..ill pay for the shipping and unit of course..i cant find one anywhere around here..let me know thanks

I wish I had the time I'd do it in a second but this weekend is devoted to fixing the minivan and working on getting my charging system figured out if I have time then I am going to install mine, but it might have to wait a few weeks. Probably should have grabbed the second one when I was there just ran out of time and energy. If I find another one in the future I'll grab it then.

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
-cuss
I was over at Pull a Part East down here in HOTLANTA :fan: today getting some parts for the wife's minivan :puke: and noticed they had 3 1992 F450SD on the lot from a local blasting company. The beds were stripped off and they were fairly well picked over including 2 had the engines removed, the third was a Jasper "OE" rebuild and was pretty will stripped, figured I would stay away from that one. Then I noticed all 3 had the hydroboost still intact. 45 minutes + 2 gallons of sweat later and I had all of the parts out. Booster unit, all 3 lines and the entire pedal assembly. Of course the first unit I pulled had been leaking inside the cab so I got to pull a second one as I did not want to get it all installed on my truck and have it crap out on me.

Expecting to have to hand over 1 greasy arm and a sweaty leg to the cashier when I checked out, I was shocked the entire bill came to $32.41;sweet

$10.78 for the booster
$9.81 for the pedal
$3.73 for the PS reservoir with the correct fittings
$4.24 for the minivan part which is $62 New
$1.85 environmental charge ??????
$2.00 tax

They did not charge me anything for the lines, they usually don't if you leave them attached worked 3 times for me already.

So I figure I got a free hydroboost today, including a BBQ lunch at the van in the parking lot, as I did not have to buy the minivan part retail:thumbsup:

You must be registered for see images attach

I also noticed when I was there that the rear plastic fuel tank was freaking huge compared to mine, 35-40 gallons maybe. Does anyone know if it will fit into where my rear one on the F250 sits? I am thinking it would solve a lot of the problems trying to use a Bronco tank as a retrofit. Also I should have grabbed the filler necks and they are would fit a full size nozzle, oh well maybe next time.

I was also thinking of grabbing the springs as they would net probably a 4" lift or so but I think it would screw up the TTB fairly bad and I can't find a solid axle I can afford right now, so I think I will wait. But would they bolt right in or would I have to do some cutting and welding for them? seems like the hanger brackets on the rear were huge compared to mine.

Anyways if anyone in interested there still is 2 units left there, one is already pulled for you but I would be suspect of it as it was leaking and a few assorted lines, no hydro reservoirs though. They also still had the Jasper rebuild and I noticed a 6.9 sitting there also but I am unsure of how long.

-cuss I hate you....that is all. Just kidding...I didn't mean that, I am just jealous. Good snag there though!! You definitly can't go wrong for that price! Any cheaper and they would be paying you to take it! lol ;Sweet

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
I need to check that place out one day.Never been to a pick a part place.I LOVE walking through salvage yards,Scrap yards,Junk yards,etc just looking around.What do they get for engines and transmissions?I am a sucker for a Straight 6 anything or oddball engine.And could use some 2.0/2.3/2.5 engines.....

trapper

Boom Boom
Reaction score
dude where is this at ? im in north ga like 40 min from atl!, looks like im goin there soon haha

Last edited:

Freight_Train

Reaction score
hmmmm,Maybe we need to have a boob invasion day.A bunch of us local guys go with a *** in our pockets,a truck full of tools and drop on the place like locust!

trapper

Boom Boom
Reaction score
yea i know right haha, i may end up there this weekend if the hydro is still there imma grab it, and see what else i can get myself into

trapper

Boom Boom
Reaction score
* OPEN 7 DAYS A WEEK!
* Closed only on Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
* Sales: 7 Days a Week, 8:00 a.m.
to 6:00 p.m.
* Admissions: 7 Days a Week, 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
* Admission fee = $1
* Car Buying: Monday thru Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

Freight_Train

Reaction score
sweet.Drop me a line.I might meet up with ya.I work out at 8AM your time thursday morning....Don't go back till Monday night.