free to a good home

Jay Krout

Reaction score
I had some leaky radiator troubles on my 1990 F Super duty with a 7.3 IDI. The radiator was an aftermarket thing from Advance Auto with plastic tanks..it aint the first time this has happened...Ive had 3 of these radiators go bad the same thing...the cause is the lousy roads where I live and work and the roads out in the strippin pits where I do most of my work. This rig weighs about 15000 pds and dont lose any weight its my weld rig. So I got an all aluminum radiator from Radiator Express the salesguy said this is the one I need so they sent me one. It didnt work it overheated goin over the mountains to get to where I got to go. Its a 3 core radiator but the tubes are too small...the other ones were 2 core but had bigger tubes and worked fine til the tank shook loose on top from the lumps bumps holes and the rest of it here.

So I got a radiator from Auto Zone with plastic tanks...coukdnt afford anything else at the time. The only thing that worked with the aluminum one was that it fit the radiator support...other than that it does me no good. I figure it will work fine for someone with an F250or 350 that dont carry 15000 pds evy day over 3 mountains to get where they got to go and back.

Radiator Express dont want it back because it has some coal dirt on it and some of the little fins are bent a bit from the transmission cooler i had tied into it. Other than the damn thing is brand new and has maybe 60 miles on it if that. They gave me my money back less the shipping to send it to me and told me to keep it for a backup...its no good as a backup radiator to me if it dont cool the motor down.

If anyone wants it here it is come and get it its yours for the taking if you are somwhat local to me I will bring it to you free of charge. Mrs K is tired of lookin at it and Im ready to kick the snot out of the damn thing.

Popeye
(Jay Krout)

Noiseydiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Car-Parts.com is your nationwide junk yard search engine.
Don't forget the dash in the middle.
Row52.com is the search engine for Pik-N-Pull yards.
I suspect Radiator Express is the same outfit as 1-800-Radiator.
Plastic end tank game.
I remember the radiator game. About $600 worth.
Your fan clutch is what? Leaking? Not locking up?
I did go down recently and look a a new truck. That $103,000 price tag was impressive and it doesn't come with a front door key. (As is in a House payment)
Your choices seem to boil down quickly to fix it or park it.

Jay Krout

Reaction score
Car-Parts.com is your nationwide junk yard search engine.
Don't forget the dash in the middle.
Row52.com is the search engine for Pik-N-Pull yards.
I suspect Radiator Express is the same outfit as 1-800-Radiator.
Plastic end tank game.
I remember the radiator game. About $600 worth.
Your fan clutch is what? Leaking? Not locking up?
I did go down recently and look a a new truck. That $103,000 price tag was impressive and it doesn't come with a front door key. (As is in a House payment)
Your choices seem to boil down quickly to fix it or park it.
Fan clutch works fine....the damn radiator the sent woukdnt work to keep the motor cooled down, the water wouldnt stay in the radiator log enough i guess. Whatever caused it im not sure but the one i put in works fine its a 2 core with wider tubes...the aluminum one is a 3 core but has smaller tubes.

Any one wants it they can have it before i kick the crapout of the damn thing

Popeye

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online